Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VF GTS

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
AWESOME car! First VF GTS on the forum, yeah?

Down the track it may be worth something. Probably has the most chance from anything HSV since the W427 but don't expect anything for 10 - 15 years or more. Even then, as an investment it sucks - even plonking your $100 (or whatever you picked it up for) in a bank will most likely make you way in front. As for WPS - welll I'd look at the other options out there. What state do you live in?

to guess before Spice Weasel gets a chance to answer, plates say Tassie, assume Tassie?
(now Reaper can find a shop for you to spend more money and get it to 600+ kw out of it :) )

172141d1400399533t-my-vf-gts-photo-5.jpg

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Drooool. One word. AWESOME!!!

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
yeah jr, i'm in Tassie. there isn't much in the way of performance workshops down here compared to the mainland and even fewer that have had anything to do with the Gen F GTS's. That's why I was thinking walkinshaw as I get warranty and there is a local walkinshaw crowd. I know I will pay through the nose, however the Harrop stage 2 kit is over 6k, and that doesn't include an exhaust so I was thinking, maybe see what walkinshaw offer?

Unless anyone has someone down here they would put a serious recommendation to?

I do plan on putting about ten thousand km a year on her and I didn't really buy her as an investment, was just hoping for a lucky side effect 20 years from now and Tasmaniak how bout you spot me the 95K to get another one :). Id be forever grateful....

Last edited:

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Hey, nice car. Plenty of white ones in my town. I prefer the white myself.
Dont see myself getting one in the near future, will have to put up with my "old" 2007 GTS.

If I had plenty of money, I would get a W427 over the VF GTS. Thats just me though.
Enjoy it mate, nothing like a few nice toys.:smoking:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I spoke to my local Walkinshaw guys ... This way I also keep my factory warranty and there are no harrop people locally so I get someone I can go and see if I ever struck and issue.

Re: Holden Drivetrain Warranty, that's a furphy mate. You are no more covered by Wankinsure than anyone else who guarantees their work. Read the fine print, may as well use a professional workshop of your choice than one under that ridiculously overrated filthy lucre-aid marketing banner. Very daggy, much better to get a reputable expert who trades on his name and run a cool badge that makes a statement that reflects the car's individuality:

570px-Logo_le_coq_sportif.png

Am I being stupid as I'm kind of hoping long term this may be a collectors car? Or I could be totally wrong? More power calls me but at the same time i'm a bit unsure if its wise

It is definitely a collector's item, but the horse has already bolted for the pristine concours Prix mate. Go for it, make it a collector's item for one of a kind, best in class - swap pulleys for Lingenfelter, invest in a set of Pfadt headers, see JC member 'Offshore' re bigger Corvette injectors required, install flex fuel sensors and custom OS tune for ethanol.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
yeah jr, i'm in Tassie. there isn't much in the way of performance workshops down here compared to the mainland and even fewer that have had anything to do with the Gen F GTS's. That's why I was thinking walkinshaw as I get warranty and there is a local walkinshaw crowd. I know I will pay through the nose, however the Harrop stage 2 kit is over 6k, and that doesn't include an exhaust so I was thinking, maybe see what walkinshaw offer?

Unless anyone has someone down here they would put a serious recommendation to?

I do plan on putting about ten thousand km a year on her and I didn't really buy her as an investment, was just hoping for a lucky side effect 20 years from now and Tasmaniak how bout you spot me the 95K to get another one :). Id be forever grateful....

I don't know about Tassie but there are *many* better alternatives to WPS imo. For that job I'd even consider a boat ride to civilization and visit one of the mainland tuners.