Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS 2 Senator # 921

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
No pwr steering cooler, That's the transmission cooler

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
No pwr steering cooler, That's the transmission cooler

Yeah. I've got a pwr steer cooler on the passenger side. Apparently factory fitted.

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
When you get home can you take a pic of the steering cooler. Mine wasn't built that much before yours, cant say Ive noticed one there

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
When you get home can you take a pic of the steering cooler. Mine wasn't built that much before yours, cant say Ive noticed one there

Sure will. It's probably half the size of your trans cooler. It sits off to the left of the radiator but that fan wouldn't allow it to sit there on your set up.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Had a new 3 core alloy brass radiator fitted yesterday. Temp gauge sits just under qtr now. The alloy rad I bought had buckled hence the issues I was experiencing. Turns out it's a trans cooler mines running not a power steer cooler as I was previously advised. Wanted to get a larger one fitted but was advised no need as I have a decent set up now. Considering I've done 2k in 6 months will see how it goes and change it over down the track. In for service and trans service next month.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
After reading online about the difficulties in removing the rear seats on these VS Senators with the removable headrests, I'm very pleased to say that I've not had any trouble with them. The car was in my panel shop for some other work so I asked if they would attempt to remove the seats with some instructional pics I found on this forum but they were removed as per any other VS Sedan. Remove the bottom seat then remove the rear seat as per any other sedan. Leave the head rest mounts in place as there is no need to remove these.

See pics of headrest mounts in place. The slides for the back seats are also in view. I hope this helps others.

Scruba

Last edited:

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Door lock sniper button removal by a corkscrew. Tried screwdrivers and wire with no luck. Removed with no damage but I have new ones to go in once it's all cleaned up.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Progress 2014

Wow! Last year was quite hectic. I felt like my feet hardly touched the ground. Had some good R&R just before xmas and had some much deserved work done on the car.

I've travelled a meagre 4,000klm in the 12 months of owning this car and unfortunately it's taken it's toll on some of it. The fuel pump **** itself so a new genuine GM pump was fitted along with the hoses and filter (after my mech left an old hose in place and I had fuel pissing out everywhere on the trip home). Had some paint and panel done to bring it some what back up to scratch. Not showroom finish but more pleasant to the eye.

So below are some pics of progress made this past 12 months. Not as much as I would have liked but time and $ well we all know the story.

First up was I noticed the boot had a slow leak and rust had appeared in the wheel well so I removed the seal, taillights and bumper stops and replaced the stops as they were old and brittle. Traced the leak to the rear quarter windows on both sides as they typically do. While everything was off I gave it a good clean up, polish and wax.

I had the brakes upgraded to slotted T2 rotors and QFM pads. Pulls up so much better now but still looking out for 215i setup. Had Pedders Sports Ryder shocks, springs and bushes fitted and the self levelling system removed. It's not stupid low as it's a daily driver and does the school run etc. so I need to get up driveways etc. (although not all are compliant with the current ride height).

Next up I had the car in the panel shop to get the bumpers and side skirts tidied up along with the bonnet and the rear quarter windows re-sealed. While it was there I had the door handles colour coded, the engine covers and strut brace also colour coded.

While the interior was out I fitted some new ICE. No pics really of this so just imagine some pumping tunes while driving.

I then got stuck into detailing the car when time permitted. Used Mint Pro Tool Random Orbital Polisher and Menzerna polishes and Meguiars Cutting compound where required then Bowden's Own Wax. Considering the paint is pretty old and hadn't been treated too well prior to me purchasing, it's in need of a full respray at some stage so I haven't bothered using a 'sealer' as such other than the wax.

Next on the list was re-installation of the interior. Not too hectic a job really but time consuming to get all the door card pins to line up etc. but I'm happy with the end result. While the interior was out I sued the Little Green carpet shampooer to give the seats and door cards a going over to freshen them up and they came up a treat compared to the neglected state they were in.

When I pulled out the vents I noticed that the foam was worn badly hence the airflow issue I was experiencing was found. Trip to Clark Rubber and some adhesive backed foam and we are back in business.

And today I took a few pics of the current result.

I'm really happy as to where it is now compared to where it was and looking forward to the next stage on modification and restoration which I'll update on here as I go.

Thanks for looking. Happy to receive any feedback or suggestions.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Suggestion : Keep up the good work !

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
As above^.

Good work mate, looks awesome.