Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY II - 25th Anniversary edition

DiabloRed

Reaction score
Thought I'd introduce myself and my new pride and joy :yeah:

Bought my first Holden two days ago (always loved Holdens, and have been wanting a VY for a while - been on the look out to buy one for a few months now). I am 110% Holden crazy - especially my VY obviously :yahoo:
I took the below photos tonight.

VY II 25th Anniversary
2004 model
135,000km
Darkest legal tint + rims
I am his second owner

Plan is to get a body kit put on him (Looking at either SS VY or VY Clubsport kit) and some better rims (came with the current ones), a new exhaust system and sound system/speakers.

Got a fair bit to do to him gradually but I'm 110% hooked! :D

Last edited:

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Welcome. Tidy VY. Nice sticker!

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Looks good! Would've been difficult to find one in such good condition with such low mileage. First thing I'd do is lower it a tad :p

DiabloRed

Reaction score
Thanks guys :spot on:. Figured the sticker was appropriate Gaiter, might aswell have some fun with it!

He's in fairly good nick, a few marks on the inside as it belonged to a tradie and he had a couple kids, but nothing too drastic - will come up nicely with a bit of elbow grease.
I was very lucky to get this car - most VY's I have seen for sale have been higher km's (near 200 + or 180 +) so was very surprised when I came across this one on gumtree in a spur of the moment search. I emailed him straight away that night but he had two people looking at it the next day - next day came around and I called him, the first people hadn't been able to see it as he was called out to some work, and he offered for me to come view it straight away, love it so I brought it home. Couldn't be happier :yahoo:

Plan is to lower it a smidge but not too much - will be putting a body kit on it (found a SS VY bumper a few hours from me, so may grab that if it is still available later this week/early next week) and see how we go from there.

A few more pics from this arvo. Got my new camera and lens the other day so only makes sense to photograph the new car! :yeah:

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Looks clean with low km's!

The only things putting me off is the debadging on the rear and the rims, but everyone has their own tastes. Just like my current rims, i hate them haha.

That last picture is annoying me, the sticker isn't straight my OCD is going insane haha!

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Nice pics. I reckon some SLs woukd put it at a good height.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looks clean , dont really like the black wheels thou.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Go the VY's i'd get a SS factory plastic kit as that will be much better than a nasty fiberglass kit. Which will crack flake and chip eventually resulting in a sh#thouse look unless that's the goal..:smoking: