Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 SSv Redline - Some Like It Hot

Cal76

Reaction score
Members Ride
My15 redline
Howdy,

First time owner of an Australian made car and would never have done so if the VF wasn't so featured packed!

Picked this one up with 3000km on the clock with a nice surprise being what was described as an 'exhaust modification' to being a full exhaust system with pacemaker headers and APC rears, yes this thing is a little loud! I will be trying to track down the specifics of the modifications, I am guessing a tune has been performed as well and I suspect the AFM has been disabled, but will confirm soon I hope.

Anyways, loving the tech and refinement of the VF, already looking at possibly changing the wheels out for something else and an OTR. Oh and the black fender vent guards are sitting at the Post Office waiting for pickup tomorrow. Being the owner of a Supra with quite a long modification list I just can't help personalising my cars :)

Onto the pictures!

9F1mLuS.jpg

Eji9FWb.jpg

Z04xJrY.jpg

4urDf58.jpg

4aSco4p.jpg

eHgprWI.jpg

sIAbTeI.jpg

PcTgiOv.jpg

Last edited:

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
looks mean mate, nice little pick up with the exhaust haha.... Agree with the wheel change, i personally hate those wheels. But each to their own of course haha. What you thinking for the new ones?

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Looks great. Great colour. Personally don't like the black wheels on that colour but that's just personal preference. Enjoy.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I like those wheels, remind me of VY GTS, my favourite wheels until the VE SV's were released for the series III.

Cal76

Reaction score
Members Ride
My15 redline
I really dig the style you see with a lot of Euros ala Vossen/Concave stuff so I need to look around at what's out there. I had never looked at wheels outside the Volk/Rays type before given my interest in Japanese performance cars. I certainly dislike the massive chrome numbers so it won't be anything along those lines.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
take a look at villn808 's thread in this section about his MY15 SSV, he's just wacked a set of vossen CV5's on if i remember the name correct.... might be what you're after....

I really dig the style you see with a lot of Euros ala Vossen/Concave stuff so I need to look around at what's out there. I had never looked at wheels outside the Volk/Rays type before given my interest in Japanese performance cars. I certainly dislike the massive chrome numbers so it won't be anything along those lines.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Awesome car mate, second favourite colour but haven't seen many around. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Cal76

Reaction score
Members Ride
My15 redline
Awesome car mate, second favourite colour but haven't seen many around. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Cheers! Yours is very well done with the rims and stance now. I would have gone black but one black car is enough heh.

Cal76

Reaction score
Members Ride
My15 redline
Very close yes just unsure on that wheel colour finish with this car colour.

take a look at villn808 's thread in this section about his MY15 SSV, he's just wacked a set of vossen CV5's on if i remember the name correct.... might be what you're after....

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Very close yes just unsure on that wheel colour finish with this car colour.

I think a Matte graphite colour would suit the SLIHR better than black, it's hard for straight black wheels to show up in photos too. Check out the Vossen site.