Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY16 Calais V Sportswagon Empire Bronze

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Had to buy the ls3 badge and fit myself.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Had to buy the ls3 badge and fit myself.

Can I ask why you'd do that? Just to make sure that everyone else around you knows what's under your bonnet? I'm genuinely curious.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can I ask why you'd do that? Just to make sure that everyone else around you knows what's under your bonnet? I'm genuinely curious.

Every other holden I have owned had a badge for engine type, so why not this one, and fact that holden put one the SS, there's no reason why the Calais shouldn't also have one, if fitted with the V8.
Also makes the car a little different to others.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Considering LS3 is the huge selling point of the V8 series 2 it seems daft they wouldn't have badged it on the Calais but did so for the Commodore and the Ute.
Every other holden I have owned had a badge for engine type, so why not this one, and fact that holden put one the SS, there's no reason why the Calais shouldn't also have one, if fitted with the V8.
Also makes the car a little different to others.

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Considering LS3 is the huge selling point of the V8 series 2 it seems daft they wouldn't have badged it on the Calais but did so for the Commodore and the Ute.

The Calais is aimed at a completely different market segment , one that isn't as concerned in advertising the fact that it has an sporty LS3 motor and more concerned about understated civilised aesthetics and comfort.
I personally wouldn't have bought a sticker and stuck it on a car that didn't come with one as standard, I personally think it looks out of place.
I would prefer to rock up at the lights and smoke the rice burner P platers And then sit back in plush luxury!

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just personal preference I guess.
I would have purchased a ssv sportwagon if not for couple of things, so since the ssv came with the bagde, couldn't see why you couldn't put one on the Calais.

pmw444

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 Calais Sportwagon V8
Did the dealer arrange the LS 3 badge on rear? looks great.