Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
TimandHayley any info or any confirmation that there was a dealer meeting last week regarding MY17 models?

From what I've been told about a recent meeting, HSV released info, details specs and pricing for their upcoming models.
As for the Commodore range, nothing that we don't already know, Director, Motorsport edition, both to get MRC, haven't been able to find out more at this stage.
Dealers can order these special editions however they're required to keep the car for a minimum of 2 years.
Employee pricing was also mentioned, not 100% on how and where that falls into play though.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I don't get it... why would a dealer be required to keep cars for a minimum of 2 years?

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Exactly. The cars are supposed to be exclusively for the owner/DP to keep, not to grab an additional car and then on-sell it (but there's no way that Holden can enforce this either).

The special pack cars will be individually numbered and built in finite numbers. I assume that Holden will likely auction off a number of these vehicles also, with the proceeds going to charity, etc (Ford did the same with a few of their numbered Special editions and the cars made pretty good money, but the comparable Holden's should make a considerable amount more).

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Hi Guys I'm just thinking while the MY17's come out.
I can't recall when was a special Holden went up for sale and fetched around a Million $'s.
The Ford GTHO did, it wasn't a Ford Special Vehical, but a factory special and nothing from say FPV or a Tickford.
Same for Holden they can do the same with the Stock SSVR being factory stock special and nothing from HSV or Walkinshaw
If Holden want to do the same they should reconcider their options on the SSVR MY17 and bring it out with maybe the LSA or a Supercharged LS3.
Never say never GMH

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Car companies don't make cars so they can be one day resold at 10x their rrp. They make cars so they can make a profit hear and now. Anything that becomes a collectable classic is a bonus. The super special Lambos are a perfect example of niche market being created and exploited. I doubt any of those $3 - $5 million dollar Lambos will fetch 10x their rrp ever.

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
The special pack cars will be individually numbered and built in finite numbers. I assume that Holden will likely auction off a number of these vehicles also, with the proceeds going to charity, etc (Ford did the same with a few of their numbered Special editions and the cars made pretty good money, but the comparable Holden's should make a considerable amount more).

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but there will be no auction. The special pack cars might be in finite numbers, but there will be plenty of '17 VF's. The numbers mentioned earlier are indicative only and Holden have stated their position quite clearly that they wish to fulfill every single order, no matter how many.

As mentioned previously, look to late Jan/ Feb for Public Info, as Holden closes out 2016 production first.

Glenn79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 SSV Redline
I'd love to see a HDT throwback spec......just sayin

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
And, details are out:

MY17 SV6
Nav and HUD, 18 inch wheels from Black edition.

MY17 SS
Nav and HUD, 19 inch wheels from SSV.

MY17 SS-V Redline
Black Grille surrounds etc (black out pack)
Black lip spoiler
Black sports bar (ute only)
New sill plates
Jade black applique on steering wheel/dash

MY17 Calais
Nav

MY17 Calais V
New wheel finish 19"
Black interior
Electrochomatic interior rear mirror
New sill plates
Calais Lettering on rear doors
SSV Redline steering wheel with perforations

MY17 Caprice-V
SSV Redline steering wheel with perforations

Discontinuations:
SV6 Manual (all body styles)
SSV (all body styles)
Calais Wagon
Beige trim on Calais V Sedan

3 new colours
Spitfire Green
Son of a Gun Grey
Light my Fire Orange

There are a number of price increases across the board, some substantial.