Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nates SS Thunder

Nate_L98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 Thunder Ute
The rolling diameter is spot on & the tyres have plenty of grip, changing my oil that was about 2k overdue has helped a bit with the acceleration lol but it's still a bit sluggish with the extra weight compared to my mates VE with the same engine & size wheels

Nate_L98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 Thunder Ute
I'm getting 3.91 diff gears & tru-trac fitted next week, so that should give it a little extra pick up :)

Nate_L98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 Thunder Ute
I had the merge pipe cut out of the exhaust over the weekend, so now it''s just running straight through & it sounds great! Well worth any power loss :)

Nate_L98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 Thunder Ute
Fitted up some DBA T2 rotors over the weekend

Also pulled the front end apart to install HID's but they gave me the wrong globes for the headlights & one of the ballasts for the foggies lasted all of two seconds

Fitted up a set on my mates E3 GTS as well, that took forever.......... 8000K on drivers side

Nate_L98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 Thunder Ute
Looks like the HID kit I got were a piece of **** so I have some OEM quality ones coming tomorrow, hopefully they'll last more than a day lol

Scotty310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 Thunder
Hey man nice ute
do you happen to know the product numbers of the front and rear rotors.. wanting to get a set for my thunder cheers

Nate_L98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 Thunder Ute
Hey man nice ute
do you happen to know the product numbers of the front and rear rotors.. wanting to get a set for my thunder cheers

The fronts are 42020S & the rear are 42021S for the VZ SS Thunder, I went through Matt @ Race Brakes Sydney