Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Needing to bleed cooling system, 05 VZ.

jackcurrie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Series II VY.
I recently had my 05 VZ overheat on me, rather rapidly after only a short drive. Its always been fine, always serviced, and had relatively low kms. I've been told to bleed the system, could I get a step by step to doing this? As I've read a whole lot of different things. Take into account that I cant actually see how much water is in my overflow, so its hard to gauge things. If someone could give me a very BASIC step by step, for someone with little knowledge that would be good.

I already know where the bleed valve is, so just the step by step for everything else would help. Thanks.

jackcurrie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Series II VY.
Yes, I have. I found a really good guide, and heaps of other posts, all a little conflicting with the last. I just don't wanna make anything worse, because those few differences between two 'guides', could be the difference between my car running again, and it being a 10k yard ornament for the next week or so.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Ensure overflow has coolant in it, start engine, turn on heater in car, open plastic bleed valve until steady stream of coolant comes out. Close bleed valve.

You need to make sure you have coolant or water in your overflow. Make sure. Also consider thermostat could be stuffed, also possibly water pump. Hopefully just air in the system. Watch temp closely for a while.