Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Walkinshaw W407 Package coming soon

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
I have the w375 kit without the walkinshaw price tag (difilippo system)
- vcm maffless cold air intake
- DPE 1" 7/8 headers ceramic coated
- DPE full 3 inch exhaust system (doesnt drop into 2.5 inch like the walkinshaw system)
- custom tune
Has no drone in my sedan
Drives exactly the same as stock except theres more power every where. And sounds ******* tough.. Will be going with the harrop h02 cam next.

My 2 cents on the walkinshaw system is that its over priced and doesn't support future mods (supercharger, big heads etc) as well as other systems that are out there for a lot cheaper!
View attachment 197104 View attachment 197105 View attachment 197106

Hey Monty, is yours auto or manual? I have the W375 in an auto and added the Harrop H02 cam after being told it WON’T need a stall upgrade, can I say it definitely does! If yours is a manual then you’ll be good .
Secondly the exhaust Walkinshaw use for their W375 and W407 is the same as the charged packages so will easily compliment future upgrades. As far as being overpriced, yes they are to cover picking up Holden’s driveline warranty, which also accounts for the “safe” tune Walkinshaw use.

paulgar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 Calais V

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Mine is manual..
Yes thats true the walkinshaw systems do pick up the driveline warrenty! Which is what some people are obviously after..

What i mean by "supporting future mods as well as other systems" is walkinshaw use 1 3/4" headers and there are big numbers to be had with bigger headers. For example an ls3 on the same dyno that i ran on, with 2 inch headers and 3.5 inch custom exhaust made 308kw at the wheels. He has since put a custom cam and valve springs in it and made 504hp (375kw at the wheels) so sure the walkinshaw system will support future mods but not as well as others can for less money.

But it all comes down to how far you want to go with mods i guess. And whether you want the driveline warrenty or not.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Mine is manual..
Yes thats true the walkinshaw systems do pick up the driveline warrenty! Which is what some people are obviously after..

What i mean by "supporting future mods as well as other systems" is walkinshaw use 1 3/4" headers and there are big numbers to be had with bigger headers. For example an ls3 on the same dyno that i ran on, with 2 inch headers and 3.5 inch custom exhaust made 308kw at the wheels. He has since put a custom cam and valve springs in it and made 504hp (375kw at the wheels) so sure the walkinshaw system will support future mods but not as well as others can for less money.

But it all comes down to how far you want to go with mods i guess. And whether you want the driveline warrenty or not.

I hear you, and admit the warranty isn’t worth that much (see other posts on here about a certain W547) which is why I opted for another companies cam. Good news is the H02 suits both N/A and charged, so when I throw on a 2300 unit later this year everything will work together.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
- DPE full 3 inch exhaust system (doesnt drop into 2.5 inch like the walkinshaw system)
- custom tune
Has no drone in my sedan
Drives exactly the same as stock except theres more power every where. And sounds ******* tough.. Will be going with the harrop h02 cam next.

My 2 cents on the walkinshaw system is that its over priced and doesn't support future mods (supercharger, big heads etc) as well as other systems that are out there for a lot cheaper!

have you looked into any vcm camshafts? the vcm360 looks good for both auto and manual!

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
- custom tune
Has no drone in my sedan

Thats good power Monty, mine had the W375 added when i picked up mine new. Mine 293rwkw 393 HP
Ive since upgraded to the W407, and got 445Hp

hutch074

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition
I have recently bought an auto 2016 SS with the W407 pack installed by JDR, the dyno sheet says 322RWKW and the manners of the car are excellent although it does want to surge on you when you are coming to a stop which I assume is the nature of the cam. The exhaust note at idle is awesome but when you open it up it sounds ridiculous. Once the balance of the warranty is up I will be looking to step it up but for now I am very happy with the package.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
manners of the car are excellent although it does want to surge on you when you are coming to a stop which I assume is the nature of the cam.
Sounds like low speed air, proper tune will sort that.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I have recently bought an auto 2016 SS with the W407 pack installed by JDR, the dyno sheet says 322RWKW and the manners of the car are excellent although it does want to surge on you when you are coming to a stop which I assume is the nature of the cam. The exhaust note at idle is awesome but when you open it up it sounds ridiculous. Once the balance of the warranty is up I will be looking to step it up but for now I am very happy with the package.

You get used to the surging after a while. Most tuners reckon they can't dial it out.

Do you find the exhaust is fumier with the cam ?