Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NRL Thread

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I have always disagreed with that interpretation. I believe all humans are of the same species (the human race), and it is only ignorant bigots who try to cause division based on differences (ethnicity, pigmentation, tribalism, religion, etc.) by labelling those as racial, and thereby "othering" and marginalisaing minority groups in such such a way that leads to conflicts and wars.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Okay, so can you please point out the racial aspect of a white person calling another person a monkey.

http://www.norvillerogers.com/why-its-racist-calling-black-people-monkeys/

This article clearly states that white European people calling black people monkeys is a pseudo-science based racial slur.
Basically it was saying they were superior to black people.

But I fail to see how, say two London born men calling one another a monkey has any racism about it.

Maybe if a London born man called an Irish man a monkey, I could see that as racism.

But in the first example Spencer, a new Zealand born Somaon player, which means either one or two of his parents are Somaon. Calls Ezra Mam, a man of Aboriginal and Torres Strait parents a Monkey.
Is this a display of Somaon superiority? As opposed to white superiority?

And on the other hand would an Aboriginal player that called a Samoan player a coconut, would that be a racial slur?
Or is it just monkey?
But monkey can be used as an affectionate term, refer link.
https://www.dictionary.com/e/words-that-are-bad-in-some-contexts/

So wouldn't the context of the term monkey be taken into consideration?

I cannot see how a Samoan guy calling an Aboriginal guy a monkey as being intentionally a racist slur.

How about you go upto various races and call them monkeys and report back at the reaction you receive, including pictures of yourself after you have made the comments....

That way we'll know if it is racist or not

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
How about you go upto various races and call them monkeys and report back at the reaction you receive, including pictures of yourself after you have made the comments....

That way we'll know if it is racist or not

The issue with that is I'm not Samoan, so the data will be false.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The issue with that is I'm not Samoan, so the data will be false.

You can call every single race you have mentioned and I have mentioned a monkey and get the reaction to post up.

So it mightn't be complete data, but will definately be a fair cross section of people to obtain the data from....

So we will all wait for the results

Oh and considering you don't care what you say when you're drunk, that might be the best time to start the experiment

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Oh and the Adam Goodes incident.

Adam is Aboriginal and the female that called him a monkey was a white 13 year old.....

So it still goes toward the discussion and you providing the necessary data with that race, where you can call them a monkey and post the results

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Oh and the Adam Goodes incident.

Adam is Aboriginal and the female that called him a monkey was a white 13 year old.....

So it still goes toward the discussion and you providing the necessary data with that race, where you can call them a monkey and post the results

But that is AFL, you do realise this is a NRL thread,

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
But that is AFL, you do realise this is a NRL thread,

Still on the topic of racial slurs....In particular calling someone a monkey

Now look forward to your up close and personal updates

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Still on the topic of racial slurs....In particular calling someone a monkey

Now look forward to your up close and personal updates

Well I think it's quite clear in all the evidence I have posted, calling a white person a monkey is not racial, but it becomes racial when its a black man.
But you fail to comprehend basic logic, yet we have a black man being called a racist.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well I think it's quite clear in all the evidence I have posted, calling a white person a monkey is not racial, but it becomes racial when its a black man.
But you fail to comprehend basic logic, yet we have a black man being called a racist.

Evidence is, calling someone a monkey, no matter the colour or race of said person, it is racist.

So unless you're willing to show proof in the form of pictures of yourself after calling complete strangers a monkey, coming out unscathed, I call it another fail on your behalf..

Topic closed

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Evidence is, calling someone a monkey, no matter the colour or race of said person, it is racist.

So unless you're willing to show proof in the form of pictures of yourself after calling complete strangers a monkey, coming out unscathed, I call it another fail on your behalf..

Topic closed

No it's not, you keep asserting this, over and over, yet other than saying it is you have shown no evidence to back you statement up.
Yet I have complied a strong argument, but all you as a monkey your self have been able to do is say the same thing over and over like a squawking monkey.