Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NVRAM 11p tuning discussion thread.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
hmm, odd, I've removed the resistor already :/

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You might need to adjust the calculation. The default calculation will be for a Innovative WB input, other brands might have slightly different output voltages which will change the value displayed in Tunerpro.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
You might need to adjust the calculation. The default calculation will be for a Innovative WB input, other brands might have slightly different output voltages which will change the value displayed in Tunerpro.
Thanks mate, I used the AEM settings specified in the 11p manual which made a tiny difference but it's still a little out.

I'll have to have a better play with it later.

My 18 month old battery has dropped a cell after sitting for 4 months so won't be doing much this week :/

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yes that's right.
The AFR working range is different too. Maybe starting higher and finishing lower.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate, I used the AEM settings specified in the 11p manual which made a tiny difference but it's still a little out.

I'll have to have a better play with it later.

My 18 month old battery has dropped a cell after sitting for 4 months so won't be doing much this week :/

Do you have a copy of the AEM wideband kit user instructions? If you can send me a copy I'll see if the numbers match 11p or modify to suit.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Do you have a copy of the AEM wideband kit user instructions? If you can send me a copy I'll see if the numbers match 11p or modify to suit.
That would be awesome thanks mate.

Have chucked it up here https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am9UIPdOFJb9gqV2XCp5nJ65pvoEzQ?e=4IDsng

This is whats in the 11P user guide for AEM, which still seems to be a bit off (possible that guide being from 2014 the AEM has changed a bit since then).
y3QN4rN.png

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd say they have changed their scaling.

1653525208289.png

Sensor range now looks to be 8.50 - 18 AFR

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Couple of updates from my end.

I lowered the AE tables as per Immortalities screenshot and it did make a difference, leaned it out nicely to a dip of around 12.5 with a small blip of the throttle rather than the 10.8-11.2 it was before.

I also tweaked the wideband calibration as per the suggestion the other day, it's still not 100% but it's close enough now to get a good reading. It's about 0.2-4 different than the gauge rather than being a full point off so I'm happy with that.

Really hoping this arctic blast buggers off, I've got until the 17th to get the car properly tuned for roll racing and the last week has been torrential rain and the BOM forecast doesn't show it going away this weekend either :/

The 4503's tune is pretty well sorted for street use, it's good up until around 4000RPM & 3/4 throttle but I haven't really had time to play with the timing map and VE table at WOT/high rpm, which obviously I'm going to need for the track.

I've also setup the dual ignition table function of 11P which runs of the pwr switch. I'd like to put a couple of degrees more in the PWR map as the econ one is reasonably conservative, if I get time to test it before hitting the track.

I've been discussing what to do with some mates as to what way I'll go with the new engine, I'm ordering parts slowly now so I really need to make a decision.
I've got two choices at the moment:

Option A: Rebuild the engine with stock pistons and probably 0.030 off the heads and have a low compression boost engine. Then try and get it engineered for street use and fab up my own turbo kit (steam pipe manifold etc).

Option B: Go flat top pistons, 0.030 off the heads and run a 100 dry shot kit of nitrous that I can remove when on the street.

I'm leaning more towards nitrous, the good thing about the 11p setup is I can run the dual ignition tables so with the flick of a switch I can be setup for nitrous retarded map at the line and because I run a 4150 manifold I can quickly take a plate on and off for race meets etc (rather than tapping a solenoid into the manifold/intake piping etc like bananas).

Either way, I've got to do something to get an edge with the new engine against these LS cars, it will still never be quick but to not be left bus lengths behind would be nice.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice.