Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oh dear Greta takes the spotlight again

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Greta (or her advisers) has discovered our bushfires today, and linked them to climate change. I wonder if she knew before this where Australia is ?
Anyhow, sometime in the future she will realise that her childhood past has been stolen by adults with an agenda to push, using her sweet child image to further their financial and political ambitions, and her young (now adult) followers will have moved on to the next 'thing'.
As if this has never happened before.
I agree. Her presentation is too advanced for a 16 year old. She's the front man, dancing to someone else's tune. No doubt she believes in everything she says, but I doubt she thought it up all by herself.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
not many people realise climate change is an investment and if u want to up ur stocks u have to bring it to the attention of people and government every now and then to get more donations to keep the price up, we had worse fires in 1851 that took double the land these recent fires have taken so not sure how that works with climate change, then add in all the fu#$wits that light the fires... and we had some hot days because the fires blanket the state in smoke which holds in the heat and the warmer winds from the centre just add to it, today's young people only hear about all this hottest day bla bla bla but dont realise if u actually look back in history its always like this and if it takes 100 years to beat the hottest day by .3 deg then its just not an issue but they dont read that they only get the HOT HOT HOT BS... seems anything over 35 deg now days is climate change (ssshhh dont tell anyone we are in AUSTRALIA...)

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
not many people realise climate change is an investment and if u want to up ur stocks u have to bring it to the attention of people and government every now and then to get more donations to keep the price up, we had worse fires in 1851 that took double the land these recent fires have taken so not sure how that works with climate change, then add in all the fu#$wits that light the fires... and we had some hot days because the fires blanket the state in smoke which holds in the heat and the warmer winds from the centre just add to it, today's young people only hear about all this hottest day bla bla bla but dont realise if u actually look back in history its always like this and if it takes 100 years to beat the hottest day by .3 deg then its just not an issue but they dont read that they only get the HOT HOT HOT BS... seems anything over 35 deg now days is climate change (ssshhh dont tell anyone we are in AUSTRALIA...)
I'm of a similar opinion. I think Australia is the wrong place to determine climate change. Our climate historically has huge extremes of heat, drought, flood. Those of us old enough to have lived a few decades recall extremely hot weather and prolonged droughts before. I think the current mania sweeping this country is driven by a prolonged and really severe drought, (and there has been worse in our recorded history)allied with some extremely hot days. Bushfire, caused by drought, poor land management practices, heat and ratbag, only feed into this mentality.
How has climate changed in cooler climates? If there is global warming, wouldn't they be better areas to measure it? Europe had a strange heat wave this year, perhaps their experience is more relevant. California has had catastrophic fires, perhaps they can speak. Norther YS and Canada had record snowfalls this year. Global warming?
My generation gets accused of denial and blamed for the situation that now exists. Fine. I accept change "could" be occurring, but talk if "climate emergency", to me, is utter bullshit.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
The rich know climate change is bs.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don't know, something is changing. I know here in Auckland the weather is more changeable. Summer used to be summer when we were kids. Now it seems more semi-tropical, lot of heat and humidity coupled with more bad weather that seems more extreme. I'm not talking about the huge tropical cyclones you get once in a decade but more those flash storms with huge downpours that last half an hour and damaging winds etc.

edit: I will add, with modern technology it is a lot easier to report on events across the world so we do hear and see news about every little event that occurs around the globe where as 30 + years ago if something was shown on the news it meant a video tape had to be flow across so although we might have heard there was a big storm somewhere chances are we never saw pictures/video of said event as it occurred, maybe a few stills pics a few days later in the Herald etc.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I believe we are definitely seeing climate change. Ice is melting that's well recognised. Carbon is increasing and maybe adding to the melt at a faster rate, who really knows? I think however its probably a bit naive to think that we can turn the big melt around and cool things back down. I think there are things beyond our control and it will take a lot more than reducing carbon to turn our environment around. The world IMHO has greater things to worry about than global heating anyway. IMO mass murder in the form of beheadings in places like Africa and other countries that largely occurs without anyone blinking an eye. Rape in some countries is rife and is chopping off lims and gouging out someones eyes, simply because a person refuses to denounce their religion. To me this is far more urgent than worrying about global warming that we have plenty of time to adjust too.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The climate is changing.....just like it has for the last 4,000,000,000 + years.

Human contribution ??????

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
things are ment to change if u think about 24hr a day is always that same, then 365 days is 1 year... yep simple... ooh but wait we have introduced a leap year so our seasons stay the same, if 1 year was ment to stay the same it would be an exact measurement but it isnt and that is just proof that everything is ment to change... think about it if there wasnt a leap year we would have a summer Christmas and a winter Christmas every bout 720 years, this earth has been molten lava and a frozen block of ice all without people

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Things change because the current model is clearly wrong.