Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Meh the engine will eat it. Engines don't care unless they're making cranky grumbles.

Jake Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sedan
A catch can should not cause seals to blow.

Hey mate, sorry I know my OP was confusingly worded. I meant would it be worth investing in catch cans while I’m getting work done just as an added safety and cleanliness option or is it over the top unless there’s forced induction etc.

Jake Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sedan
I have one plumbed in purely due to OCD, without one my intake tract gets filthy over the space of 5k km

With one, my intake stays clean, typically I'm draining no more than 100-150ml of oil every 5k km

Since installing I've not needed to clean my throttle body

If you do, remember it is best to keep it plumbed into the intake, and not vent it through a filter, there are many reasons for this, legalities, no blowby scavenging, reduced under bonnet grime, smell, condensation not filling the can

What you want is a can that acts as an oil/air separator, this can be achieved in a few ways, cyclonic flow, change of direction, or a media to name a few

I have a SAAS can on my LS1, I have also added some fuel foam between the top baffles

View attachment 218769

This is also one of those hot topics

Opinions may vary

Thanks heaps for the advice mate, any suggestions in where I could get one? Also I’m relatively new to modding out cars and somewhat nervous of messing with stuff myself - any recommended installers

Jake Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sedan

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Tidy looking engine bay and setup there first of all, looking good. Did you put it in yourself or get it installed? Just wondering if it’s worth tackling on my own or not as a novice
Thanks heaps for the advice mate, any suggestions in where I could get one? Also I’m relatively new to modding out cars and somewhat nervous of messing with stuff myself - any recommended installers
Simple install took about 2 beers to do

I picked it up on ebay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SAAS-Oi...E&pageci=d152c29f-506d-4244-98b9-5327f1cbb70f

The added cost for the little bracket and valve was a "give me convenience or give me death" option

The valve https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SAAS-OI...7-4afc-491e-8d9f-5bf2bcf4d7f6&epid=8037596727