Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate HSV Xu6 QLD ?

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
hey i am wondering if i can drive a HSV XU6 with P Plates in QLD ?. I don't even have my learners yet i am only 15 so i want to get a powerful Holden related car for when i get my P's. i will have to do 200hrs/ 3yrs of my learners so i have a lot of time to save up money

Thanks

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
I wouldn't think so, unless it is work related you would have to get an exemption, correct me if I'm wrong.
Better start saving for a car like that if you're 15! :rofl2: :rofl2:

Also, the search function and google are your friend.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
No you cant. In QLD, no forced induction, no v8s, max power 200kw.

It will be your first car. Buy a crapped out VN and practice in it. When you stop hitting stuff and breaking things, then spend some money on a decent car.

brockyy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
You have to have your learners for 3 years in QLD??

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
no its 2 yrs 200hrs but it will take longer for me my mum works a lot she drives taxis. i can only drive on mondays and tuesdays

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Not a chance.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
is it possible to do a aspiration conversion to make it normally aspirated. then put the supercharger back in when i get my opens ?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
is it possible to do a aspiration conversion to make it normally aspirated. then put the supercharger back in when i get my opens ?

Not really. The engines compression is too low to be N/A, it would run like an absolute dog. Plus you would have to change heaps of stuff, like the wiring, the ECU and BCM, etc, its just not worth it.

Buy a VN or VS or something and drive that for a few years until your off your L's and P's and then invest in a nice V8 or something.

As much as you think you are/will be a good driver, you aren't, get a few years under your belt and then do what you want.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
hey i am wondering if i can drive a HSV XU6 with P Plates in QLD ?. I don't even have my learners yet i am only 15 so i want to get a powerful Holden related car for when i get my P's. i will have to do 200hrs/ 3yrs of my learners so i have a lot of time to save up money

Thanks

In vic you can get an exemption for most supercharged V6 models if you have a good driving record but not sure about other states. It would be worth looking into though, you don't want to drive a crappy VN around for 4 years so you may as well try and get something decent (if you can afford to buy it outright that is!)

rk has a vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 Vn sedan early model
No you cant. In QLD, no forced induction, no v8s, max power 200kw.

It will be your first car. Buy a crapped out VN and practice in it. When you stop hitting stuff and breaking things, then spend some money on a decent car.
Hey my vn is not crapped out!!!