Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Planning An LS1 Build

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH CAPRICE, 5.7, Gen3
bigger VE brembo package will prob be the cheapest, the HSV are good but now days ur just going to be paying for the name and collectability, or there is a XYZ brake place that look good and i assume they are all roadworthy
Thanks muchly. Will look into now.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Thanks muchly. Will look into now.
The HSV brakes will fit under 17" wheels. The brembos need at least 18" though require 48 mm offset no matter what wheels are used. Do agree though that people are asking stupid prices for HSV brakes. With the corresponding increase in the cost of larger wheels and tyres perhaps there isn't much difference.

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH CAPRICE, 5.7, Gen3
The HSV brakes will fit under 17" wheels. The brembos need at least 18" though require 48 mm offset no matter what wheels are used. Do agree though that people are asking stupid prices for HSV brakes. With the corresponding increase in the cost of larger wheels and tyres perhaps there isn't much difference.
Thanks so much for the heads up

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH CAPRICE, 5.7, Gen3
How's the car going?
Funny you should ask. I decided it’s coming time to be back here to pick things up again.

The build had to be delayed due to rotator cuff surgery. However, in the meantime, I picked up an VX (2000) HSV Grange, thanks to a good friend, in exceptional shape. I’ve now the good fortune of having two toys to play with.

Picking up the Grange did initiate a little revisiting on the early planning. A good thing, as I see it. Allowed me to reconsider my options; and look at how to assemble stages.

I expect to be back here updating the process and seeking some expert input. But in short, likely to make the first full build on the HSV to be NA. I feel I need to get somewhere first before diving into boost. Although, the other WH may get the chance to go to boost sooner.

Thanks for asking.