Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Antenna Wiring VR Berlina (new H/U)

B

BLU93

G`day everyone,

Installing my new JVC H/U & would like to find out which wire i should connect the H/U`s power antenna wire to so i can still use the up & down switch`s & the antenna go up when the radio is on & down when off.. :confused:

Cheers

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
On original eurovox set up the yellow/red wire puts a constant 12v from radio to the bcm to control the power aerial operation for as long as radio is turned on and ign/acc is on .Just check to see if the new unit works this way that is has a 12v feed on wire marked auto ant on unit.The up and down buttons wiring is independant to the head unit so that part should work as it used to.

B

BLU93

Tried the yellow/red wire this morning & it works with when the radio is turned on/off..up/down. ;)

But the swithes didn`t work :confused: all be it i was abit rushed by the missus wanting to use the car..so i`ll suss it out some more.

Cheers

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
There is a time delay after first switching on to let the aerial go up fully before the up down buttons will work.Its not long about 20 sec you have to wait for this time after initial turn on before the up/downbuttons work.
I take it your car has a bcm that controls the power aerial so if the radio supplies 12v on the yellow/red wire constantly when the radio is on to the bcm for the aerial that is all it needs to sense the radio is on and you should be able to control the up down using the console buttons as you could with the original eurovox radio.

B

BLU93

Cheers Markovr,

Come to think of it i did try to use switches straight away B4 i was told someone needed to use the car.

Maybe thats why...

Thanks again

B

BLU93

ALLS SWEET now ;)

Put it all back together this morning & everythings working the way they should :D :D

Thanks for the replies

Cheers