Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power train issue

t_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
dose anyone know service engine oil could be the reason to power transmission coming up, or maybe low transmission fluid ?. i’ve had a problem with my transmission before where the TCM was burnt and it got replaced. transmission is working fine no sounds no dramas at all. what’s would be the reason to the sign ?

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
The thread title says Power Train Issue. Just to confirm have you been receiving the message "Check Power Train" or another message? If so Check Power Train could be any number of things (there are a number of threads with this) and the first step would be to get it scanned for error codes.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
dose anyone know service engine oil could be the reason to power transmission coming up, or maybe low transmission fluid ?. i’ve had a problem with my transmission before where the TCM was burnt and it got replaced. transmission is working fine no sounds no dramas at all. what’s would be the reason to the sign ?
It’s a bit hard to make sense of what you are asking.

From what I make of what you’ve written, you have “Service Engine Oil” appearing on the cluster screen?

It isn’t one I’ve seen before.

Any chance you can post a photo?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You should be doing an engine oil and filter change every 7500.