Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
rGeppr8.jpg
7htYsxn.jpg

After a few long months of clean up and paint I made it to all GM day, on a tow truck (ignition module died 900m from the oval).

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
rGeppr8.jpg
7htYsxn.jpg

After a few long months of clean up and paint I made it to all GM day, on a tow truck (ignition module died 900m from the oval).
Where you able to source an ignition module while there, so you didn't have be towed home?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Not much has changed recently with the car, bought a new house and moved to the other side of Adelaide, slowly starting to get back into things now the tools etc are all getting unpacked.

Bought a 2500RPM B&M converter which is going in next weekend to make the car a little more drivable down low with the 276 (the cam starts to wake up around 2100RPM). I was going to go with a better brand but the price on this with an EOFY sale was too hard to pass up.
20404_01.jpg

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Early this year I got 3000rpm stally(still in the box) for vp ute...all the good stuff put in it just in case go the vortech route or up it to 355ci which should raise roughly to 3500rpm.

Same with ute don't notice cam at all untill 2200'ish rpm range. It's like you can watch rev tacho untill it gets there then starts to pull.

I didn't want the slippy slippy antics you get with cheap convertors especially when last car with a 4500rpm stally drove so well on street.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
looking forward to the install photos. how was the move? new house have a good garage/shed ?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
looking forward to the install photos. how was the move? new house have a good garage/shed ?
I second this.

Need install pics, post installation review.
And GARAGE pictures / details.