Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PS3 HDD upgrade help

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Hello fellow nerds,

I'm attempting a HDD upgrade on my PS3 (fat) and I'm stuck at the backup stage. I need to format an external HDD to FAT32 but have NFI how to do it and the programs I have downloaded to do it don't work. If anyone has done this can you give me some advice. All the usual FAQs are hardly helping me.

Cheers.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I used swissknife to do my external hd, then installed a 320gb hd out of a dead laptop my friend owned and the ps3 did the rest

Swiss knife is good I used it as well.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Will be installed on the hard drive so it will either be in start menu or look in your C drive under program files for it. Been a while since I played with it.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Nope, not in Progam Files or the Start menu. Like I said, it unpacks the files and disappears... as if it aborted the install or something.

Obviously I'm having a formatting issue... what if I just buy a 32Gb flash drive, format that through the command prompt and give that a go..?

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
If your running Windows 7 right click on the file and click run as administrator. Could be trying to do something and Windows is saying no.