Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pub's New Wagon

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
So after a few year of owning a sedan and not having a towbar, i had come to the realisation that i missed having a wagon. Whilst my current daily MY EF fairmont has been awesome, ultra reliable pretty good to drive and very low maintenance. I've Had it almost 3 years and have done over 50,000ks its getting on a bit it needs some money spent on it that i CBF doing. Also since my new job i've been spending quite a bit more on petrol. So i decided to kill 3 problems with one new car and there's only one car out there for a good price that does it....Another ford falcon but this time its even slower with it on dedicated gas. With it's huge cargo carrying capacity built ford tough egas motor and btr auto 116ltr dual lpg gas tanks it meets every requirement i need in daily family car.

I had a look at a few over the past few weeks and was after a white one this one came up on carsales and it looked pretty good low klms and being the higher specs futura was a bonus price wise it was very competitive for dealer car so i bought it.

Year, make and model
2007 Ford Falcon Wagon

Equipment level
Futura Dedicated Gas

Colour
Vixen Red (i'm don't like red cars normally but its not bad)

Engine
4lt 6cyl DOHC EGAS
190,000 klms
Power: 156 kW (209 hp) @ 4750-5000 rpm (look at all that power)
Torque: 374 N·m (276 lb·ft) @ 2750-3000 rpm (same torque as petrol 1000rpm earlier)

Gearbox
4 speed auto BTR

Interior
Grey?? cloth

Current mods and extras
Window tint
Towbar
Bluetooth
Cargo barrier

Future mods
Not sure probably none maybe throw in some ghia spec parts and foglights

Pictures
20140618_121511_zpse8794d85.jpg

20140618_121742_zpsa9635df3.jpg

Last edited:

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Looks pretty good for a cheapish pickup.
Those E-Gas engines may be slow, but they have much better fuel efficiency than the newer EcoLPi ones.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I have a factory FG turbo exhaust manifold and cooler pipes sitting at home doing nothing.........................

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
i have a factory fg turbo exhaust manifold and cooler pipes sitting at home doing nothing.........................

yesssssssss!!!!!

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I have a factory FG turbo exhaust manifold and cooler pipes sitting at home doing nothing.........................

I've got a factory cooler and air box that are collecting dust....

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
as much as id like to and that was an idea a while ago this is strictly a straight gas daily

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Was thinking of a doing a direct port nitrous kit on the ef and some basic mods and just turning it into a drag car. Drove the ef again today shitloads faster than the BF

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
as much as id like to and that was an idea a while ago this is strictly a straight gas daily
Mick at Pitlane does a wicked direct injection gas turbo setup :spot on: