Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PWM Fan Controllers

Barberoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute
Some info for anyone contemplating using a PWM fan controller. I purchased a Derale 16795 unit from USA which failed in warranty in 3 months. Worked beautifully till it failed. The replacement unit has worked beautifully over 18 months until it too has now failed. On both occaisions the units ramped the fan to 100% and wouldn't shut off until battery power was cut. (Now i wonder if the ramping up to 100% is a built in on failure as a failsafe so your donk doesn't fry!!!! HMMMM!!). I contacted Derale direct after running all the tests and guess what they said.... "Yep your unit has failed!" I said ... "Geez, just out of warranty will you replace? They said ... "Its out of warranty! No!"
Ok so now what? After heaps of reviews and emails i was pointed to the Autocool Guy in US. Darryl seems to have a great reputation and a reliable product over many years, so i will give his HF150 unit a crack. Just comparing photos of the two products make up your own minds on the robust qualities of one against the other.