Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question on HF20 Wheels

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Hey Guys,
I am thinking about buying these Hf20 staggered rims https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/234724342648 - I have HF20's now 8.5 all round. But I wanted the fatter filled out rear look. I have tried to use Offset calculators to work out if these would give me that or get me closer to that while sticking with a factory option. I thought the HF20's were either 8.5 or 9.0 - but these are 9.5 - so thinking they may fill the rear guards more than the current 8.5's and close what seems to be the 1-2cm gap that seems to be the front face of the 8.5's and the external lip of the rear guard. Would really appreciate any thoughts?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Have a look at some photos of Redlines fitted with these, in particular a lot of VF2 buyers bought them as they were pretty cheap for what they are so you may find a few VF2 photos. FE3 may sit very slightly differently to your FE1, but I think you should still get an idea.

I think they’re 8.5” front & 9” rear; what makes you think those are 9.5”? The ad’s awful for info (”wheel diameter: 9”).

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
Have a look at some photos of Redlines fitted with these, in particular a lot of VF2 buyers bought them as they were pretty cheap for what they are so you may find a few VF2 photos. FE3 may sit very slightly differently to your FE1, but I think you should still get an idea.

I think they’re 8.5” front & 9” rear; what makes you think those are 9.5”? The ad’s awful for info (”wheel diameter: 9”).
Correct Forg, 8.5” front and 9.0” for the rear

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hey Guys,
I am thinking about buying these Hf20 staggered rims https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/234724342648 - I have HF20's now 8.5 all round. But I wanted the fatter filled out rear look. I have tried to use Offset calculators to work out if these would give me that or get me closer to that while sticking with a factory option. I thought the HF20's were either 8.5 or 9.0 - but these are 9.5 - so thinking they may fill the rear guards more than the current 8.5's and close what seems to be the 1-2cm gap that seems to be the front face of the 8.5's and the external lip of the rear guard. Would really appreciate any thoughts?
OEM HF20's are 20"x 9.0" with an offset of +57.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
There is no mention in the ad that these are genuine Holden rims which would be the first thing you would be saying if you were selling them, so first off, they are aftermarket copies.

That is equally supported by the posts from Redline457 and Imoengnr pointing out the original rear rims are 20 x 9 with a +57 offset.

Holden and HSV included are both very conservative with their offsets and it's the one thing I don't like about their rims, is that they don't come close to filling out the guards.

The offset for the genuine Holden 20 x 8.5 rim is +48.

If you replace the 8.5 +48 offset rim with a 9.5 +45 you will bring the lip of the rim out by 18mm closer towards the guard.

Get your ruler out and see if you are happy with that and if you are happy to go the unknown aftermarket quality.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The ad is just downright ****, the brand is both Holden and HSVI, it has inconsistencies & flaws up the whazoo. Could just as easily be OEM as an aftermarket knock-off, the claims about width/dimensions/whatever are rubbish/irrelevant & don’t make any sense (eg. wheel diameter being “9”)..

1hotvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vy 03 executive
Hey Guys,
Pretty sure they are reps, there not oem spec and no mention of them being genuine witch in my opinion would be the 1st thing mentioned and if they were they would be stamped and should have a pic of that too, Better off looking at other options with the oem specs.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
These aren't genuine, stay away OP.

Ad is lacking part numbers, if they were genuine seller would almost certainly list them as tends to increase selling price.

Add mentions they fit VZ, genuine HF20's dont without being drilled. No one would pre drill them without selling first as their value plummets once tampered with.

Also compare the bolt holes to genuine items, they look completely different.

EDIT:

This seller is completely fraudulent!

Their other ad advertising "Genuine HSVi's" and to "Check out the HSV stamp" is a blatant lie.

The rim markings pictured show wheel size as 20x10, and the stamping is for a GEN-F GTSR wheel, not the HF20. Genuine ones are made in China, not Taiwan. They have a picture of a genuine wheel part number sticker only.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Stay away ! There is a whole bunch of guys all connected in south sydney doing all kinds of dodgy deals. Respraying, mix and matching, reproductions etc.

A few years back i got a set of VF 1 SSV forged which were horribly 'restored'...sold to me 'as new'.

I could not get my money back...