Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB30 NA mods

R

Robfire

My VL has 2 1/2 exhaust with Genie extractors and a good filter and it beats standards off the line no dramas - its an auto tho so the 5 speeds kick it but still - it's a start.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
RB20DETVL said:
Is there any reason you want to stay N/A? it is very costly to make some decent power out of an N/A engine.. it is much more sensible to just convert it to turbo....

well thats my opinion neways

I agree. For the price of a half decent NA, you could be pumping away with an RB20DET or RB25DET. Whats more all these engines are built like titanium clad brick shithouses so you can ring em out, obv within reason.

macdee

your local "Hoon"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
i got a VL 5 speed! has a 2 n 1\2'' exhaust, it also has motavator extractors? i was curious if any of you guys have heard of them? cause i have not! but still i keep up with my mates VT which has a shift kit and exhaust system.

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
Without spending mega dollars on strengthening the internals so you can run a really high compression and high revs your only route is forced induction. You could keep your block and strengthen the internals to make way for a Skyline head - RB25DET or RB26DETT and use the low down torque of the 3.0ltr with the power of the turbos and greater flowing head.

If you do stay N/A, then fit a Skyline head anyway (RB25DE) for the better flow characteristics and the ability to change the specs of the cams then tune them using timing gears.

D

dumpd6

i have stolen the idea of building a N/A motor off some on on the street commy forum and i wanna know if it would be worth putting turbo crank and rods in. instead of the stock N/A crank and rods? and aswell how can i tell that they are turbo? with out just taking some ones word for it like if i find some on ebay etc wots gonna make it stand out to be turbo and not N/A??? any ideas

sleepavl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl sl 5 spd
my na vl project

i have a vl wif exctors 2 1/2 hight flow 5 speed and a heavey duty brass button clutch i am all so intrested in a na vl rb 30 i have been trying to find a stroker kit for the rb30 for ever can any one give me some tips on how i can get 199.9 kw out of it wif out a forced induction as i haft to deal wif new p plater laws

Dose Pipe

Reaction score
At the time of this post, under your mothers bed w
Members Ride
It's quicker then your mothers VN
i have stolen the idea of building a N/A motor off some on on the street commy forum and i wanna know if it would be worth putting turbo crank and rods in. instead of the stock N/A crank and rods? and aswell how can i tell that they are turbo? with out just taking some ones word for it like if i find some on ebay etc wots gonna make it stand out to be turbo and not N/A??? any ideas

crank and rods are identical

WJD634

WJD634
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
cheap option is get the head shaved, gives higher compression = more torque down low

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
DETRB25 head on an RB30 with a turbo, pulls like 300 rw. i cant see it going wrong there. and a **** load cheaper than N/A