Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB30e ECU confusion

K

Krullos

It appears they only came out in NZ? Though everyone has different ideas regarding what the difference from normal was....

http://oldholden.com/?q=node/2915

There's also someone at "calaisturbo.com.au" living in Auckland that claims to have a '87 VL GTS 3.0 n/a manual

G

Grantis1976

Someone mad the same suggestion to me acouple of days ago, but it was to replace the standard ecu with that of a Skyline GTS.

After laughing alittle too hard, I asked the guys in the workshop across the road from my work, and they say yes, but not worth the dollars.!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If anyone has the binary/rom images for the NA RB30 and the turbo could they send them to me, all the old sites that used to have this stuff seem to be dead. I wouldn't mind seeing if I can convert the NA computer to turbo specs like that darkhalf dude used to be able to do

harvey1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vlrb20
easyer to just buy a ecu for rb3o turb (cheaper

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Thats was years ago :) by the way you can turn the NA ecu's into turbo ones, easy as

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
The vl walkinshaw (Proper not replicas) from the factory had a different ecu which only has an extra plug so you can plug a laptop in and tune like vn onwards and it was also there to read the diagnostics not like the standard one where you have to do it manually with the leds but the standard vl's dont have that ie; calais, berlina etc...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The Walkinshaw ran the same old normal delco as every other VN

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah because they aren't a Nissan ;P so there's no Nissan ecu in them. They got the GM stuff