Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recall.

gmholdman

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 in FJ ute
Chevrolet Corvette 2022/23

Due to manufacturing defect, the drive- by exhaust NOISE exceeds the limit defined under Australian Design Rule

(ADR 83/00)

Just saying.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nothing surprising there, I doubt it's an actual defect, they are just loud from the factory.

Probably just a bit a re-programming of the exhaust cut out valves to fix it.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Wonder how the Mustang gets away with its 'race mode' exhaust setting?

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Wonder how the Mustang gets away with its 'race mode' exhaust setting?
have you ever driven one? got one in qld as a hire car bloody hell there loud and sound good from factory always wondered how they can be allowed.

Bloody Hyundai N series shitboxes are loud and terrible and yet legal some how

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Amazing that they can issue a recall for something that affects exactly no one other than whingers but there were plenty of actual faults on Commodores that Holden refused to do any recalls on. The faulty injectors on VFs come to mind and I’m sure there were plenty of others.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I remember a recall on some performance Euro car, the issue was emissions, the recall changed the tune and it lost "alot" of power

People were taking their cars in for service and they automatically did the recall retune, alots of unhappy people there, and the dealers refused to put the old tune back in

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Amazing that they can issue a recall for something that affects exactly no one other than whingers but there were plenty of actual faults on Commodores that Holden refused to do any recalls on. The faulty injectors on VFs come to mind and I’m sure there were plenty of others.

Noise effects everyone, there is a real trend of people hooning around making maximum noise and it's something that needs to be stomped on. When I go to a race track I expect to hear cars revving their tits off, I don't expect to hear that around suburban neighbourhoods in the middle of the night.

I'm really over these crackle/pop tunes people are getting, dick heads that do that **** in quiet neighbourhoods need to be.......

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Noise effects everyone, there is a real trend of people hooning around making maximum noise and it's something that needs to be stomped on. When I go to a race track I expect to hear cars revving their tits off, I don't expect to hear that around suburban neighbourhoods in the middle of the night.

I'm really over these crackle/pop tunes people are getting, dick heads that do that **** in quiet neighbourhoods need to be.......
Well yes but we aren’t talking about a mangmobile with a dump pipe here. They issued a recall because the exhaust is probably too loud by two decibels. I’m sure it’s not excessively loud otherwise it would have been spotted well before the cars were ever sold.