Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote Boot Unlocker

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I want to be able to use the second button on my alarm to open my boot, is it just as simple as putting a wire to a certain place or easier to take her to the auto eleky?

Jimbo

Reaction score
Assuming your remote's 2nd button triggers an event in your receiver/control unit, i.e the other end that's in the car, you'd generally find an output on the control unit that you can make use of.

Hook the output through a relay to supply a 12v level when active. Splice this into the wiring that heads back to your boot release and you should be right.

(Depending upon if your control unit has an active high or low, you may need to invert the logic to drive the relay- most are active high though.)

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Hold your horses there!

Check your alarm before you do this. Alot of alarns have a negative boot release trigger rather than a positive you could start blowing fues or stuff your alarm.

If it is a negative trigger you will need 2 relays to make it work to change the negative switch to a positive.
Hook the first relay up with positive and switch joined, earth to the negative output on the alarm and output to the second relay switch input. continue to wire the second relay as normal.

If you have a positive output I suggest you hook it up through a relay so save burning out anything in your alarm, I run 30amp relays on my boot release and yes mine is negative output. It took a while to work out how to solve it.

cheers
Scott

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
QUOTE (vkberlina @ Mar 22 2004, 09:34 PM) If it is a negative trigger you will need 2 relays to make it work to change the negative switch to a positive.
This can be done with one relay. Why are you using two?

From what I can make of it, you've got the second one there for no reason b/c the output from the first one is positive anyway.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jimbo

Reaction score
Personally I'd use a switching tranny to do it if a level inversion was required - but heck, I'm holding my horses!

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I forgot to mention I still run the button inside the car and I run it through a relay, It made a huge improvement to the boot opener. I supose if you didnt run a relay for the normal boot open button you wouldnt need it.

side note - a new boot latch helped my electric boot opening probs

cheers
scott