Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacement VE HSV brake logo info

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Hey guys

been searching around for replacement logo's for the VE HSV brakes but cant find anytihng. The ebay seller Ron was stopped by Holden for copyright and I cant find any options. Basically these are printed on and the heavy brake cleaners they use at Holden take the logo's off. So I was thinking of painting them and getting new logo's applied.

Is there any options atm? a stencil to paint on or new vinyl logo's kicking around the net?

Cheers

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I was going to say eBay will be your best bet as a fair few of my EVO driving mates have obtained Brembo replacements without any dramas.

Might I suggest you see if you can get AP Racing ones instead? Don't get me wrong, I love an all original car, but you might be able to find AP Racing ones easier & would give you a point of difference as well :)

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I'll email AP racing and see if they have a solution but really after HSV logo because if I change the calliper colour I definitely want the HSV logo on them

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Have a speak to some of the guys that do the Brembo stickers on Fleabay.
The guy that I used for my vinyl stickers was fantastic, and could do pretty much what ever I wanted.
I was toying with the idea of Holden logos, the word HOLDEN, even CalaisV (Or the =V logo that they use on Cadillac models with Brembos)
This guy was able to do them all.

I got my Brembo vinyls custom sized using premium 3M chrome finish vinyl, for around the same price that guy was selling HSV stickers on eBay for.
(I have Brembos up front, and AP Racing/HSV brakes at the rear), and ended up re-spraying the callipers a metallic black,
and sticking Brembo stickers on the callipers to make them look like they match.

(The reason for the custom sized brembo stickers was the face of the AP Racing callipers are a completely different size to any Brembo callipers).

image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php

Some tricks to use if you are going respray your callipers,
1) Spend a lot of time prepping them. (The brake dust is your worst enemy here)
2) Apply the vinyls before the clear coat. (The clear coat will protect the vinyls from peeling and getting damaged)
3) Expect to have the car off the road for a couple of days if you want to do this nicely.
(I was lucky in the sense that I was upgrading my brakes at the time, so I could take my time prepping and painting).

Hope this helps.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
So I spoke to the guys who do the AP brakes for HSV and there a dodgy caliper that only HSV VEs get. Its a AP racing casting of a brembo style caliper. There sent to HSV raw (no paint etc) and HSV do all the detailing, so looks like im off to a HSV dealer before hitting up the ebay guys to copyright me a set

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Rang HSV and they said try ebay but we cant tell you who sells them because its in breach of our copyright! FFS!!!

HSV confirmed they paint them on and there's no 'offical' way to re-apply them once there 'washed' off.

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
Rang HSV and they said try ebay but we cant tell you who sells them because its in breach of our copyright! FFS!!!

HSV confirmed they paint them on and there's no 'offical' way to re-apply them once there 'washed' off.

That's crazy!!!, you spend the money for the performance value but also for the 'show-off' value of buying Brembo or HSV brand name parts..

i'd get in touch with the eBay people maybe Zerone remembers who he dealt with and get them to do a HSV sticker for you. still what a load of crap..