Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S2 Redline Wagon in Slipstream Blue

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
some like it red hot is pretty nice, dont see too many of them really either. something to check out
other than a couple of others they're all pretty average. I'm not sold on the slipstream blue either tbh just seems bland

I've seen a couple of VF1 in 'some like it red hot' and I looks like it has a bit of orange it. If I was to go red I'd go the red hot, but I've seen a few fade and go pink. Don't want to risk it haha.

I agree with hammer, if it's nice and clean and the suns out, slim stream looks great. But gets a bit dull very quick.

How good are the brakes on it though, given them a workout yet?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I like slipstream but acknowledge it would be tough to keep up like black. The colour suits a shadow chrome more than black wheel I reckon but that's just my 2 cents. Nice looking ride mate, well done.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Can remember my wagon sitting so high when it was stock. Looks like different springs. I think the silver brembo blend in nicer than the red. The silver suits any colour. That said SSV redline is an awesome car and a great place to spend hours commuting. How long do you intend to keep it stock????????

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Have you got any more pics you can post up? In full sun would be good.
Very nice looking wagon.

Hammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
Brakes are really good, even in regular application, definitely have a lot of confidence in them. Haven't had to jump on them yet.

Probably keep it stock for a while, just gotta save some $$ maybe 12 months? As it is I'm very happy with it stock, it sounds and drives amazing.

Haven't got any more pics yet, overcast today but when the some comes out I'll be sure to get some more :)

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Really wish they still did voodoo blue.
Ditto, Voodoo was the best. Slipstream is nice, and is a massive improvement from Perfect Blue, that was horrendous.
Having seen VZ57SSZ's thread, I think Slipstream looks better with the SSV chrome rims vs the Redline black rims.
I'm tossing up between white or silver for my Redline, I think light colors suit the lines of the car better as well as the black rims.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Ditto, Voodoo was the best. Slipstream is nice, and is a massive improvement from Perfect Blue, that was horrendous.
Having seen VZ57SSZ's thread, I think Slipstream looks better with the SSV chrome rims vs the Redline black rims.
I'm tossing up between white or silver for my Redline, I think light colors suit the lines of the car better as well as the black rims.

Agree with you on the SSV wheels looking/suiting the colour better than the black redline wheels.
I'm sold on getting slipstream, wishing it was voodoo though, and will be changing the wheels within the first week :)

Hammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
Here's some more pics.

FullSizeRender-4.jpgFullSizeRender-6.jpgFullSizeRender-9.jpgFullSizeRender-7.jpgFullSizeRender-12.jpgFullSizeRender-13.jpgFullSizeRender-14.jpgFullSizeRender-1.jpgFullSizeRender-2.jpgFullSizeRender-3.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

barnesnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Very nice ride hammer. Was a hard call for me when deciding between white and slipstream (or black for a while..). I just love driving a clean car though and think I'd have to be washing it every second day to keep it up to standard.