Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SAAS Tacho Not Working

202GodsMotor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Currently trying to connect a SAAS Muscle Series Tacho to a VX Ecotec. Tried pretty much every wire that has power to it in the ignition module as well as wires near the firewall and a few others. The Tacho just sits at 1200 rpm and doesn't fluctuate at all. Any ideas or just a faulty tacho?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Bigger question is why you want to fit a tacho to car that has one from factory?

Youtube probably has a how-to on it or try forum search

202GodsMotor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Bigger question is why you want to fit a tacho to car that has one from factory?

Youtube probably has a how-to on it or try forum search
Because it isn't for road use....most of the interior is out. Have already forum searched and youtube has nothing.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Signal wire

Ultimate Tacho Thread

2 sec search...many more to be found.If cant find it ancient how-to with forum search or yt then google will link old as hell threads

Still pointless adding tawdry tacho to car that had it factory whether registered or not.

202GodsMotor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Signal wire

Ultimate Tacho Thread

2 sec search...many more to be found.If cant find it ancient how-to with forum search or yt then google will link old as hell threads

Still pointless adding tawdry tacho to car that had it factory whether registered or not.
I didn't ask whether or not you thought putting a tacho in was a good idea or not. Dash Cluster has already been pulled out it ain't going back in.

As for the threads, already been through them. The whole point of this was to have someone who had the same issue, answer my question, not link me to other threads. That's why I made this thread. I haven't just made a thread without having a look at others first.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I didn't ask whether or not you thought putting a tacho in was a good idea or not. Dash Cluster has already been pulled out it ain't going back in.

As for the threads, already been through them. The whole point of this was to have someone who had the same issue, answer my question, not link me to other threads. That's why I made this thread. I haven't just made a thread without having a look at others first.

And linking to other threads means you can trace the wiring you have connected and cross reference them to the wiring demonstrated in those other threads to figure out where you have gone wrong...

Geez, even checking out the thread @gtrboyy posted up seems to have where the wiring is to come from and go to with it all...I just CBF'ed going through it to point out where you stuffed up

Oh and you being a newbie isn't really wise laying crap on long serving members on here that are very knowledgable

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Answers are in those threads.

Even SAAS have troubleshooting guide if you bothered to read installation guide.

Not going to learn jackshit if not willing to learn or track down info...this is forum no fakebook.

Best of luck.