Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VZ] Save your SS seat bolsters from getting squashed

jeffhigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz exexutive
Just ordered one from Holden $154 with cloth already fitted seems like a good deal.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Are the bases interchangeable? Say I bought some seats out of a different model, could I swap the foam over and use my current base? (Eyeing of some leather seats but the passenger one is electric, whereas mine is not, and i'd rather keep my manual base then wire it up.

ve calais wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2012
Hi i have changed the seat bases in my vz ss ute .all you need is couple of screw drivers.... socket set
First disconnect battery another wize it will throw a srs code .unplug wires under seat ..those plastic bits over the bolts slide either forward or back don't want to break clips .pull both seats out take all the plastic off the sides just be carefull. unbolt base from top piece and swap them over..its pretty easy hour to hour half tops .my drivers seats now looks like new hope this helps thanks kiwi

sjp770

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Sedan Manual LS3, VY II Adventra LS1 CX8
Re codes about airbag: disconnect the battery for 30mins or so prior to disconnecting the seats wiring. Same precautions as when removing the steering wheel. Should not throw a code then