Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sedan springs into Ute

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Hey guys got to get my ute road worthy and needs its ass raised up in the air
Theres a wrecker in town but hardly have utes there only sedans and wagons.

Its a live axle one so I was wondering if say stock springs out of a vn,vp,vr sedan/wagon will fit in the ute and raise it up?

Any answers would be grateful

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
From my experience. VU Low IRS springs sat at standard height in a VS IRS sedan. Hope this helps.

Its live axle..

Trayner.. how low is it? Most places ive come across dont check height, its a quick lights and horn check, brake test, tyre tread and front wheel bearings, then $35 later and its all cool..

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Its live axle..

Trayner.. how low is it? Most places ive come across dont check height, its a quick lights and horn check, brake test, tyre tread and front wheel bearings, then $35 later and its all cool..

Not with vics new roadworthy laws $180 for one now too , so I wana pass first shot lol

umm its like 93ish mm from lowest point , normaly they would of passed it at that height , but yeh new laws they cant be dodgy and that

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/general/174410-new-victorian-roadworthy-laws.html

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Its live axle..

Oh really...? I wouldnt have added "Hope this helps" if i didnt read this post or that it was IRS...

As for the 7mm, remove some weight. Drive around on 2 fifths of #### all fuel. Might just make it legal.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
got some stock springs from a vs wagon and boom the ute is like 130-140 mm of the ground , so I can confirm that they fit

89vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve clubsport
Jack you ute up get a block of wood and sit it between your diff and the body of the ute. I just done that on my vr ss cause it hassssl springs in it.
Passed first go