Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service and Tune

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Thanks buddy, I am now booked for a VCM OTR, Tune and a service with DPM for next week. I rang both C & A and DPM this morning, although DPM is coming slightly more expensive, they are much closer to home so easier for me to get to and for future servicing etc.
If C & A was closer I would have gone with them, both the guys I spoke to Dale and Andrew sounded like nice blokes who know what they are doing and very straightforward in their advise.
Will update the thread once the car is done.

Before and after noise vids would be great for my decision making :D
I tried listening to dyno vids, but its hard to tell real world noise change from it sat revving its nuts off on a roller...

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
Before and after noise vids would be great for my decision making :D
I tried listening to dyno vids, but its hard to tell real world noise change from it sat revving its nuts off on a roller...
I've got a dashcam in the car, I'll try and make a short clip before the job and one after it :)
But to your point, it's very hard to tell the actual noise change without driving the car.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
For what it’s worth I fitted VCM OTR and didn’t notice any extra induction noise.

really? this surprises me i definitely got induction noise (L77).

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Vcm and harrop OTR are identical.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
@mpower did you go maf or mafless?
Mines the mad version of that makes a difference.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I've only had mine serviced once so far (bought it last year). Went to Chevs in Currum Downs on recommendation from a guy at work.
They do performance work too, but not checked pricing yet.
Even further from you though!

This thread has some good ideas/opinions in
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/which-vf-ss-otr-cai-is-best.270661/
From my reading the VCM OTR had a design flaw in the mk1 (a few years back), which was remedied for the revised version.

426Cuda has a Rotofab in his MSE, which looks baller and more stock than an OTR, but its from the US and I think needed a little mod for Aus cars?
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/which-vf-ss-otr-cai-is-best.270661/page-4#post-3036627
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/roto-fab-cai-installation-vf2.264549/
The only mod was to fit the mechanical sound enhancer. Not an issue for the Clubby though. ;)

Last edited:

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Thanks buddy, I am now booked for a VCM OTR, Tune and a service with DPM for next week. I rang both C & A and DPM this morning, although DPM is coming slightly more expensive, they are much closer to home so easier for me to get to and for future servicing etc.
If C & A was closer I would have gone with them, both the guys I spoke to Dale and Andrew sounded like nice blokes who know what they are doing and very straightforward in their advise.
Will update the thread once the car is done.
I post this video all the time and I believe dpm offer the dpe (now manta) system with refitting the bimodals, dpm are great as I've had a mate who had a full rebuild by them and was very happy with the service.
Once you have the OTR and tune you can always upgrade the full exhaust later, just bare in mind alot of shop tend to have packages so you would usually save a few bucks, I dare say if you happen to listen to a car with a DPE(manta) system while your there, you'll probably be booking in again or asking them to do that aswell! Haha

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
I post this video all the time and I believe dpm offer the dpe (now manta) system with refitting the bimodals, dpm are great as I've had a mate who had a full rebuild by them and was very happy with the service.
Once you have the OTR and tune you can always upgrade the full exhaust later, just bare in mind alot of shop tend to have packages so you would usually save a few bucks, I dare say if you happen to listen to a car with a DPE(manta) system while your there, you'll probably be booking in again or asking them to do that aswell! Haha
Thanks mate, I've seen the video before and definitely thought over getting the exhaust done as well, but I am very happy with the sound of the factory HSV exhaust.....for now at least....lol.
No issues with spending a more to get the exhaust done as well, but for now I am pretty sure I will leave it as is :)

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
So just got the OTR intake, tune and service done this morning and the car does drive better than before. It has more up and go throughout the rev range and feels more lively. No induction noise difference I can hear.
I think it’s well worth the money I spent, and happy with the output. Overall gains - 15 RWKW(stock my car was 265RWKW) and 100nm torque(apparently stock it was 594NM and now its 694). The car pulls nicely throughout the rev range now.