Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service history

commonoob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore/Insignia LT ZB
Could someone give advice on the following:

1/ Will Holden supply a new owner of a Holden vehicle (still under warranty) with service history information from their database if the service log book is missing at sale?
(I understand the car would have had to be serviced by Holden)
2/ Does one contact Holden head office or the nearest dealership for this information?
3/ Can any Holden service department look up a service history via a VIN number/rego number?

Thanks

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Contact your local Holden dealer

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.

1/ Will Holden supply a new owner of a Holden vehicle (still under warranty) with service history information from their database if the service log book is missing at sale?
2/ Does one contact Holden head office or the nearest dealership for this information?
3/ Can any Holden service department look up a service history via a VIN number/rego number?

Thanks
Mate, when l asked for the service records anyone would think that l was asking them to cut their arm off. They had serviced the car since it was new and l brought it off them. I got every excuse you could think of from, it was the previous owners Intellectual property, and l would have to contact them and they would have to agree to give me this information.
It turned out that they just couldn't be bothered, when l querried these half arsed excuses with the Road Transport Authority
they got in touch with the dealership and l had all the service records within the week.
Good luck.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
May I ask what excuse was used to tell you the books were missing or not available?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Probably not.
I contacted the Toowoomba Holden dealer that serviced my Cross6 during the period period before my ownership.
Asked nicely, gave them them the VIN, relevant dates, etc via email ....... no reply.
Rang them, and was told to supply VIN, relevant dates, etc in writing............. gave up.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

Thanks

lets start with "I understand the car would have had to be serviced by Holden"
not necessarily, there is no law or dealer requirement that the vehicle must be serviced by holden, it would be illegal for them to force that in australia.

lets assume it was serviced by a holden dealer.

you can get the service history ie: dates, odo, anything that was claimed under warranty and warranty expiry date but it will depend on the dealer or the person you talk to.
the dealer or person will need access to gm's database so that will be customer care or a dealer that is still a "holden" dealer.
you will need to explain your book was lost, supply your vin and ask them if they could print out the service history.

again it will depend on who you talk to, i would try holden customer care first and see how you go.

ring them and spend the time waiting and then explain your situation.

Last edited:

commonoob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore/Insignia LT ZB
Thanks for the advice I’ll try all suggestions.
@gossie the selling dealer said “the previous owner lost the books”

commonoob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore/Insignia LT ZB
lets start with "I understand the car would have had to be serviced by Holden"
not necessarily, there is no law or dealer requirement that the vehicle must be serviced by holden, it would be illegal for them to force that in australia.

lets assume it was serviced by a holden dealer.

you can get the service history ie: dates, odo, anything that was claimed under warranty and warranty expiry date but it will depend on the dealer or the person you talk to.
the dealer or person will need access to gm's database so that will be customer care or a dealer that is still a "holden" dealer.
you will need to explain your book was lost, supply your vin and ask them if they could print out the service history.

again it will depend on who you talk to, i would try holden customer care first and see how you go.
[/URL]

ring them and spend the time waiting and then explain your situation.
stooge thanks for the customer care link