Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

single or twin?

J

Jono

this is a question that has botherd me for some time. What sounds better? a twin 2 1/4" exhaust system or a single 3" with middle muffler/s and no back resy and running off extractors.

5.0L

I got some quotes and the twin is cheaper i would think it would be more $$$ as 2 muffers and more pipes are required.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
both sound fine. it personal choice though i guess i like the single better. more of a refined growl whereas i feel the twins are too much of a gurgle (almost....)
i assume you are talking about in injected 5.0/

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
To have a 3" pipe on the rear of an early model commodore dont know about a later one requires a mandrel bend pipe adding to costs secondly it sould also have an adjustable panard rod with a kink in it else the exhaust will hit the panard rod.

On my VK I have twin 2 1/4 going into a 3" mandrel bent system.

I used a whiteline on car adjustable panard rod, For into on it have a look at http://members.westnet.com.au/scottl/howto/efi5l/panard.htm

Pictures of my exhaust can be viewed at http://members.westnet.com.au/scottl/howto/efi5l/stage5.htm

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
mines 2 1/4 to single out the arse sounds good goes good. gutted cut and regular muffler.

H

HIGH11

mate have u thought bout twin in2 single with single muffler ???

on my vn i have paceys then twin 2 1/2 inch in2 twin cats then single 3inch it sounds mint

simmo

E

EAT 4LT TURBO

I Have Pacemakers Twin 2 1/4 Into 2 Holden Cats (standard Cats) To A Single 3'' With A Lukey Hotdog Sounds Mint To. A Bit Drony Under Load Up Hills. Lot More Power Too. If I Had To Do It Again Go With Duel 2 1/4 System With 2 Cat Hope That Helps

2DOGS

I have pacemakers and a single holden cat to twin 2 1/4 into single mufler 3in rear and it sounds good at idle and when you put the foot in but loud and droney for cruzin I am changing this shortly as it drives me batty and not to mention deaf hope this helps.

T

thorpey

smaller twin pipes sound better. and you really need a resinator, without it you'll get a ****, sloppy note.