Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sleep Apnoea

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If you need to adjust it yourself hold the circle button and one of the square ones (can’t remember which) and it’ll take you into the clinical menu where you can tweak some settings yourself..

I'll try this now.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Is funny, these machines reminds me of a supercharger for people; forced induction for humans.

I have one but I do not use it most the time. Took a sleep study and the specialits said that I have some. The machine was free via my med insurance. I decided to fix the issue with a better sleep position (pillow) and rasing the head board about 7 deg. So far so good.

True, sleep is like the regeneration alcove for the Borg. The body repair itself during this time. Also, take some vitamins and mineral before sleep time. Take advange of the regeneration period with some fresh building blocks.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Is funny, these machines reminds me of a supercharger for people; forced induction for humans.

I have one but I do not use it most the time. Took a sleep study and the specialits said that I have some. The machine was free via my med insurance. I decided to fix the issue with a better sleep position (pillow) and rasing the head board about 7 deg. So far so good.

True, sleep is like the regeneration alcove for the Borg. The body repair itself during this time. Also, take some vitamins and mineral before sleep time. Take advange of the regeneration period with some fresh building blocks.

If you fixed your sleep without a machine you probably didn't need it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Same here. After my injury and surgery I developed bad sleeping habits/positions and sleep apnea.

I've had to learn to sleep properly again but after a few years and more surgery I can now sleep mostly pain free, snoring is much less and I can almost sleep through the night again. At my worst I was getting only a few hours sleep a night. Those were some long years.

Same as you, better pillow and head position to keep the airway open. A little weight loss probably helped too.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
If you fixed your sleep without a machine you probably didn't need it.

Exactly, give nature a chance first.

Same here. After my injury and surgery I developed bad sleeping habits/positions and sleep apnea.

I've had to learn to sleep properly again but after a few years and more surgery I can now sleep mostly pain free, snoring is much less and I can almost sleep through the night again. At my worst I was getting only a few hours sleep a night. Those were some long years.

Same as you, better pillow and head position to keep the airway open. A little weight loss probably helped too.

Is interesting that western med are the best when it comes to trauma. However, is not taught Nutritional Health in med school. Is all about Med Fixing what they think is wrong with the individual. You are made of 100% of what you eat, the body repairs itself if is given the right building materials. I can go on for hours on nutritional health. At my age that is over a half century I do not take a single pill or meds. I just simply give the body what it needs. A trick is to eat what we love most, fats and proteins, and lots of them. You will be surprised how your weight goes down and blood sugar levels on top of that, lots of sun exposure.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yup, there is a pill for everything.....

I've taken way to many pain pills in the last few years but happy to say I'm off fairly much everything. Taking pills becomes a habit, now I just take a vitamin C tablet or multivitamin if I feel run down and I'm feeling better for it.

Still a ways to go but heading in the right direction.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Good, we all need to eat right, excersise and have some good sleep. Another thing about food. We see tons of nice Veggies at the supermarket; most of them are "designed" to look good, grown for size and taste with hardly any nutrition (vitamins and minerals). Most of these veggetables are grown on depleted soil. Veggetables are like mineral pumps, your body need those minerals to function properly. Most "vegans" they look somewhat weak, and people wonder why if they eat "healthy".

Also, once in a while, a nice Bone Broth to loosen up the marrow and collagen recharges you with a good dose of calcium, proteins to keep your bones and joints strong.

Touching back on the Apnea, obesity is one of the culprits and also, getting stupid drunk before bed time is a bad idea. Will over relax your throat tissue and close the air way, therefore waking up gasping for air.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I have sleep apnea noticed at first by my wife when I was having a nap. While it seems to happen a lot to those who are overweight, this certainly was not my case. We eat a lot of healthy food with next to no junk food. As an example I have never eaten a burger from Mc'Donalds.

I went to the hospital and was monitored for the night. After many hours I finally got to sleep. I stopped breathing 30 times an hour which is the top end of moderate. When I slept on my side I stopped breathing 4 times an hour

I paid $100 for an a machine to help me breathe. The deal was if I used it every night and it was monitored then after a period of time it would become mine. I got it on the Friday night and took it back on the Monday. I couldn't sleep with it on. I didn't get my $100 back.

For months I slept with a pillow behind me to make sure I didn't roll over on to my back, this seems to have solved the problem. I don't need one now. The idea of an elevated bed appeals to me as I would love to sleep on my back again.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I have sleep apnea noticed at first by my wife when I was having a nap. While it seems to happen a lot to those who are overweight, this certainly was not my case. We eat a lot of healthy food with next to no junk food. As an example I have never eaten a burger from Mc'Donalds.

I went to the hospital and was monitored for the night. After many hours I finally got to sleep. I stopped breathing 30 times an hour which is the top end of moderate. When I slept on my side I stopped breathing 4 times an hour

I paid $100 for an a machine to help me breathe. The deal was if I used it every night and it was monitored then after a period of time it would become mine. I got it on the Friday night and took it back on the Monday. I couldn't sleep with it on. I didn't get my $100 back.

For months I slept with a pillow behind me to make sure I didn't roll over on to my back, this seems to have solved the problem. I don't need one now. The idea of an elevated bed appeals to me as I would love to sleep on my back again.

The detailer at work told me he paid 100 for his machine.
If you can sleep without one you don't need one.
I stoped breathing 54 times an hour and woke 19.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

This Biap machine looks like exactly what I need.
I turned my machine down to 11psi max and it still wakes me up. Lying on my back my airways are like a 186 9 port head.