Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sleeper

S

scooterjohansen

I have a vt 5.0l that seems a bit different. apparantly its chipped. i can see its got dual thermos , cold air induction , k&N filter. Fe2 a friend mentioned it should be 215kw. everything else is standard. its quick off the mark and handles well with 225/60/15. i want to keep it all as is but want some more power. without going nuts. its a country car. someone mentioned if i put extractors on i may get an extra 30 kw this might do the trick. its twin system into the standard resonator is super quiet and i like this.

my questions : will extractors give me that bit extra and what is the best and how much would i have to pay fitted.

thanks for your help....

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
Extractors and free flow exhaust will definitely help. But I don't think that you will get an extra 30kW. If you want the best performance you want a twin system into dual cats and then into either a single 3" or keep it dual until the end before the tank.

Pacemaker extractors are the pick for the Holden V8, especially if you are on a budget. Look at then 2.5" twins then into your 3". If you plan on going more power with supercharging or stroking with cam etc... then go the big bore extractor type and up your system size by half an inch all around. If you are happy with just the exhaust upgrade only stick with the normal ones as a big bore will be too big and you will not only lose optimum back pressure but that great note will change too.

Get as little bends in the system as possible (obviously) and make mandrel when you do.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Christ, I wish I'd got 30kW from my extractors!!

Horsepower costs money dude. Every little thing you do will help, but if you only do little things you'll get little reward. Save your cash and get an s/c or something

S

scooterjohansen

thanks for the info... excuse me if i am daft but wht is s/c and does any one know how much these little suckers cost??? thanks very much

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
scooterjohansen said:
thanks for the info... excuse me if i am daft but wht is s/c and does any one know how much these little suckers cost??? thanks very much

s/c is short for supercharger. They cost as little as $400 to $600 with kits starting at $1500.

S

scooterjohansen

that would be greaT . what would i need to do for reinforcement. that kinda makes sense to me but i would still need the extractors to get the exhaust out more efficiently so potentially as a minimum $2500. i would then have to do the box to handle the extra hp. how much extra would a s/c give and what effect does that have on normal driving and fuel economy?

thanks

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
Check the car mags but there are kits available from CAPA that include everything including braces. They cost a bit but you need it to do it right. The s/c I mentioned are only small and won't feed the 5.0ltr unless you use 2. There are other kits around as well you will just have to look around, including a compact little positive displacement type that fits neatly straight on top of the engine, with no need for bnnet scoops.

Price for the kits hit around $6000+

The end result is 350kW+ engine output, so although it may be pricy, you get what you pay for.

S

scooterjohansen

great info... i really like the idea of 350kw that brings the project to 30K.. something to consider....

cheers