Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

slotted rotors question

clazzza commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 vr executive wagon
can you put slotted rotors on the front and keep the rears standard?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yes You can, What you dont want to do is change one side thats when you have issues lol
And also looks silly lol Slotted fronts but solid backs lol
Be Sure to get good Pads for the slotted rotors, I had cheap pads and found them noisy, changed to Bendix of sorts and nice and quite now :)

clazzza commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 vr executive wagon
yer cheers mate,i always use bendix.i will chnge the rears over ounce they run down

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I grabbed some Remsa police spec pads from GSL recently when I changed to Protex slotted rotors and the pull up is awesome to say the least. Price is cheaper than DB1332ULT (police pad) bendix by around $100 too

SHT 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
yup, and as above do all round rotors and pads

also do a brake bleed with some good quality brake fluid to maximise your stopping power

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do a custom slotted rotor that has curved slots and dimples. $155 a pair for fronts.

These are the rotors on our Senator.

Rotors.jpg

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
I grabbed some Remsa police spec pads from GSL recently when I changed to Protex slotted rotors and the pull up is awesome to say the least. Price is cheaper than DB1332ULT (police pad) bendix by around $100 too

So yours are quiet ? How about brake dust ? I got the same pads an rotors an there noisy an terrible with dust

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Yeah the rears are a bit squealy lol. For the performance they give I don't care. i didn't re use the original bendix brake pad anti squeal liners which may have been a mistake and the cause of the squeal. I am getting a mechanic mate to nab some off a car this week and will fit them to the remsa pads to see if that rectifies the noise.

Dust? The way I drive every pad is dusty