Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So, Who's Actually Buying One?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If i could buy one, i would. SSV or likewise model.

I prob would wait a couple months or so to see if any quality issues arise, electronics etc.

But yeh, if i could, i would

HoldenWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Well I'm saving for a house so it ain't gonna happen anytime soon but .. I think its better to wait until they've been out for at least 18 months to 2 years so that all or most of the problems will be fixed. Series 1 always has issues (quite normal, not complaining just stating a fact). I like to have a giggle at people who race out and buy the brand new model 2 minutes after it hits the showroom floor, then go making a big song and dance about how their brand new car has broken, well duh its a brand new model it will have teething issues. :)

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
My initial plan was to wait until they had been out a year, and then consider it.

I bought a 2011 VE II SV6 with a 3 year lease expiring mid-2014 for that purpose. However, had a go at the runout prices and decided the deal was too good to refuse. Waiting now for delivery of a 2013 SV6 Z. That puts the thoughts of a VF back to probably mid-2015, or perhaps later. Should be well sorted out by then.

Kalcub

Reaction score
Members Ride
none yet
If there is any truth to the rumor that they will build the vf here,ship to the states and sell it 10 grand cheaper
then they can stick the vf up their bums.Not interested in being financially sodomized . Hopefully the ass will drop
out of the ve prices,I will get one of those.

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
If there is any truth to the rumor that they will build the vf here,ship to the states and sell it 10 grand cheaper
then they can stick the vf up their bums.Not interested in being financially sodomized . Hopefully the ass will drop
rumours at the moment dont see that happening , the logical answer is that they will be building the same essential car but in the states . they get the Paddle shift and miss a few other things though , good if you ask me paddle shifts are for rich asses and mid age crises drivers , also still havent got confirmed engines yet for the v8 variants some people are saying l76 with AFM ? iv heard l99 with AFM , and i know there was a push for the LT1 but doubt that wont be available to series 2 if at all that is happening

very exciting time will tell =)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
With what I'm hearing a GTS or Senator with the optional motor will be heading my way late this year :dance:

Tonyla1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series ii SV6

Mate, if the VF doesn't sell in the US in reasonable numbers, there is little chance we will be making them here after 2016. The Australian market just isn't big enough to sustain a home grown car industry. The truth is, despite the fact that we are building great cars, less and less Australians are buying them. I'm not concerned about what price they are selling for in the US market, I'll be looking for bang for buck here in comparison to what I paid for my VE in 2011.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Please explain?

4's are involved :p

Mate, if the VF doesn't sell in the US in reasonable numbers, there is little chance we will be making them here after 2016. The Australian market just isn't big enough to sustain a home grown car industry. The truth is, despite the fact that we are building great cars, less and less Australians are buying them. I'm not concerned about what price they are selling for in the US market, I'll be looking for bang for buck here in comparison to what I paid for my VE in 2011.

Paradoxically if it sells too well there is little chance we will be making them here either due to lack of capacity :p.