Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Bumper

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Seen such a nice VY commodore today in deft blue done up and it looked great with the SS bumper and now i want in. These kits seem alright but has anyone used one ? i know someone who can paint it for me cheap. I looked up and couldn't find any threads about ebay bumpers so i thought i'd post this up.

The fog lights and grille are an extra $100, so all up around $300-400 with paint and - whatever i get for the stock bumper

Holden Commodore VY 2002-03 VY Front Bumper Bar S/SS/CREWMAN | eBay

Seems pretty good to me. And now with an income ;)

letthiswork1

Thomas
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute (2003)
Hey Buddy,

I cant see any issues with the bumper since it just clips on. Make sure you get the Grille since its smaller.

As far as fog lights go make sure you have the wiring looms... Stock VY doesn't have this nor have the controller to turn on Foggies
(This all assuming you have a standard vy)

I put an SS front bumper on mine but i went through some guy who charged $600 painted.. oops!

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Yeah mate. The way i'm going i don't really have money i want to blow so $500+ for a new bumper is out of my range. Might put it on hold and wait until next year. If anyone has feedback and i can get the bumper on and painted cheaper i might really consider it