Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSVR Sportwagon MY17

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
Cuda if its a genuine Holden warranty and can afford it, id do it. Theres nothing like 5 yrs peace of mind. My series 2 was a Feb 2017 build and when i bought it all the stars were aligned cos Holden were doing that whole extended 2years extra to make it 5, so i was lucky. I like that idea as ive got the Walky w407, which means Walky have to cover me until 2021
I'm fairly certain walkinshaw won't cover you for the 5 years, they will only do 3 year/100000.

KiwiSSVR-LMF

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Redline Sportwagon
Deposit, paperwork sorted :) LMF SSV RLsecured :) Any must haves?? Whats thoughts on dealer paint protect, tinting and extended warranty??
Welcome to the LMF RL wagon club. Not many members.

Dealer took care of me, and other than the tinting everything was reasonably priced. I suppose it depends on if your dealer is a car guy who cares or a salesman who cares about himself. I ordered:
  • Factory HF20
  • 20mm lower (I wanted the audi rs6 type look, not teenager with an angle grinder look),
  • Blacked badges,
  • Legal tints
  • Black roof, gloss black boot spoiler, and rear boot trim
  • I forgot to get gloss paint on the rear valence thing (it's matt black) so that's being done at next service for $160NZD, that's just not worth my time to pass up or shop around on.
  • I'm getting walky W375 so that's 3 years warranty only, so no point paying for more if you plan to upgrade ya pipes or get a tune... Let me warn you, once you hear W375 vs standard you'll be hooked.
  • I think (opinion alert) the bonnet protector is for grandads, it's a sporty car so spend your money on a 3M clear bra film for the whole front instead.
You got a great car no matter what you do!

Attachments

• IMG_2954v.jpg
    IMG_2954v.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

melonchological

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Wagon
Welcome to the LMF RL wagon club. Not many members.

Dealer took care of me, and other than the tinting everything was reasonably priced. I suppose it depends on if your dealer is a car guy who cares or a salesman who cares about himself. I ordered:
  • Factory HF20
  • 20mm lower (I wanted the audi rs6 type look, not teenager with an angle grinder look),
  • Blacked badges,
  • Legal tints
  • Black roof, gloss black boot spoiler, and rear boot trim
  • I forgot to get gloss paint on the rear valence thing (it's matt black) so that's being done at next service for $160NZD, that's just not worth my time to pass up or shop around on.
  • I'm getting walky W375 so that's 3 years warranty only, so no point paying for more if you plan to upgrade ya pipes or get a tune... Let me warn you, once you hear W375 vs standard you'll be hooked.
  • I think (opinion alert) the bonnet protector is for grandads, it's a sporty car so spend your money on a 3M clear bra film for the whole front instead.
You got a great car no matter what you do!

How do the Blackened Badges look bud??

Redlinewagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 - SSV Redline Sportwagon
Just spoke with Holden Customer Care online - re update for production.

My Wagon, has had its 'Body Setup Completed' .. and should be close to final completion!:)

KiwiSSVR-LMF

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Redline Sportwagon
How do the Blackened Badges look bud??
Took some pics today for ya. LMF is a weird colour, it looks awesome and then you take a photo and it doesn't come out. But in any case hope you can see the difference. I also included a photo of the car pre-mods.

Attachments

• IMG_2996.JPG
    IMG_2996.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2997.JPG
    IMG_2997.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_3004.JPG
    IMG_3004.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3010.JPG
    IMG_3010.JPG
    333.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_3012.JPG
    IMG_3012.JPG
    327.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2831.jpg
    IMG_2831.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 196

melonchological

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Wagon
Took some pics today for ya. LMF is a weird colour, it looks awesome and then you take a photo and it doesn't come out. But in any case hope you can see the difference. I also included a photo of the car pre-mods.
Awesome bud!!! Looks fantastic. I pick up mine on Friday :) Can't wait!!! Tinting on Tuesday next week, will get to know her a little and see what mods i'm keen on then. Many many questions but i'll wait til I get mine and it might save me hassling you haha.

Matt

PS - How dark a tint did you go??

KiwiSSVR-LMF

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Redline Sportwagon
Awesome bud!!! Looks fantastic. I pick up mine on Friday :) Can't wait!!! Tinting on Tuesday next week, will get to know her a little and see what mods i'm keen on then. Many many questions but i'll wait til I get mine and it might save me hassling you haha.

Matt

PS - How dark a tint did you go??
haha... no probs at all. I went 35% which is the max in NZ for a passenger car. To be honest 35% is good because you can't really see in but at night you still have enough vision out. I wouldn't want any darker myself.

You'll love it when you get yours, just try follow the break in periods in the manual which takes just as much patience as waiting for the car to turn up in the first place.... !!

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
Fuark mate mint wagon. Love the black roof

AWRSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon

Looks awesome dude thanks for the pics

I'll be joining the LMF RL wagon crew in August!! Can't wait!