Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Starting and ignition issues

Jarrad2022

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz lumina
I have a 2005 vz. I have posted a thread about it before but seemed to lose it

So I have starting issues with my car. Sometimes it will start first go, no issues. Other times it won’t. When it doesn’t start, I turn my key, and try to start my car, it will turn over but won’t run. If I turn my ignition back to just accessories, then try to start again, my car will have no power and won’t even turn over. I then have to turn my ignition off completely, then try to start again, and then I will have power once again, and my car will turn over, won’t always start then, and I have to redo that a few times for it to actually start.

Now the odd thing is, if the car does start, I get no SVS warning and my system check says “ok!”, but when it comes to when my car doesn’t start I get the SVS warning going off- now once I’ve started gotten my car to start after that, my car will say my system check is “ok!” Yet again. I don’t know what to do, I don’t know anything about cars. I have done spark plugs, coils, full service, fuel pump and have also replaced the ignition barrel- I am still yet to do the fuel filter, as that needs replacing.

Just don’t understand why I have power occasionally and other times I don’t and all it takes to regain power is to turn my ignition back off then back on again. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 12

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
You replaced the ignition barrel,what about the actual switch?