Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Storing my Motorsport

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
The time has come. I've moved in to Melbourne CBD and after 28,500kms and 6 track days it's time to retire the MSE to rest / very occasional duties. Does anyone have any experience with car storage in Melbourne? The type where they take proper care of your car, run it now and then, keep it clean, etc. Where you can grab it for a day or a week and bring it back. I've seen companies that do this in the UK on YouTube, is it a thing here? Any advice or recommendations welcome.

peterhor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chev SS 6spd; 2017 SSV Redline Spitfire 6spd
I have my VF in storage in Melbourne - the facility doesn't have a rolling road, but does start and run to normal temp every other month, facilitates services such as flat bed to the local dealership for servicing, etc - which works for me given I reside outside Australia. I did research a couple of facilities, access and security were high on my list of priorities. PM if you want to discuss.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
The time has come. I've moved in to Melbourne CBD and after 28,500kms and 6 track days it's time to retire the MSE to rest / very occasional duties. Does anyone have any experience with car storage in Melbourne? The type where they take proper care of your car, run it now and then, keep it clean, etc. Where you can grab it for a day or a week and bring it back. I've seen companies that do this in the UK on YouTube, is it a thing here? Any advice or recommendations welcome.
I didn't know there was such a thing . Great idea as there is a reasonable amount of work to store a car properly I guess they would have different levels of care etc but I think I would struggle with paying the cost of such a service

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I have my VF in storage in Melbourne - the facility doesn't have a rolling road, but does start and run to normal temp every other month, facilitates services such as flat bed to the local dealership for servicing, etc - which works for me given I reside outside Australia. I did research a couple of facilities, access and security were high on my list of priorities. PM if you want to discuss.

Thanks, I will send you a PM over the weekend :)

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Why bother storing it,

Enjoy it while you can, a car with 10,000 k's or 110,000 could possible have a similar/good return,
It will not be worth $1,000,00 in the long term.
FYI: I read somewhere, VF's could not be worth what people think, because of a shortage of parts for that series.

The only cars that are worth storing are Monaro's, SL5000's, A9X's or GT's

I have 2002 VY Super6 Calais that has double in price of what it was worth 5 years ago,
But still only worth half for what we bought it for in 2005.

That ALL depends on who want's to pay the price your asking.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Better yet, just bring it around to my place ;)

peterhor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chev SS 6spd; 2017 SSV Redline Spitfire 6spd
Why bother storing it,

Enjoy it while you can, a car with 10,000 k's or 110,000 could possible have a similar/good return,
It will not be worth $1,000,00 in the long term.
FYI: I read somewhere, VF's could not be worth what people think, because of a shortage of parts for that series.

The only cars that are worth storing are Monaro's, SL5000's, A9X's or GT's

I have 2002 VY Super6 Calais that has double in price of what it was worth 5 years ago,
But still only worth half for what we bought it for in 2005.

That ALL depends on who want's to pay the price your asking.
We all store for different personal reasons - leaving my car unattended whilst living in the USA is not really an option. And unlike my VF here in the US, it doesn’t have Onstar so I can’t track it, if its stolen, have Onstar call the police, and slow the vehicle remotely to a complete stop all while communicating to the theif that they are about to be arrested - and you know how that goes over here.....

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Send a PM to @thestig

He had a vehicle stored for a while somewhere. He may be able to provide some details.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
We all store for different personal reasons - leaving my car unattended whilst living in the USA is not really an option. And unlike my VF here in the US, it doesn’t have Onstar so I can’t track it, if its stolen, have Onstar call the police, and slow the vehicle remotely to a complete stop all while communicating to the theif that they are about to be arrested - and you know how that goes over here.....
Make my day bud...