Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged V6

T

tazidv8

For those that have one or driven one are they any good, what are their figures,
anyone know of any major hassles in reliability your thoughts????

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
My old boss had a XU6 (i think) HSV Vt and it was surpirisngly fast and sounded really nice.

Beat clubsports and the like up until the high end of the speedo.
Reliablity wise, i guess the engines wouldn't last as long as NA engines or V8 due to the extra stress the blower puts on on it.

O

onezero

They're great, I've gotta blown 6.

Get one, when you're bored with the power, go get a smaller pulley which will up the boost from 5psi to 10,11,12,13, or 14psi ($700 for turn-key service).

At 5psi they create 165kw at the flywheel - guess what the stocko 5L donks make?

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
is it reliable tho? how long will it hold on at 14 psi?

would make a lot of power while it lasts i'm sure

D

dooma

More boost doesn't always mean more power.

Most people run up to about 10psi, higher and you really need some intercooling.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
If you run it over the factory boost without an intercooler you will certainly kill your bottom end quite quicktly after a few revlimiters.

D

dooma

I don't think they are too bad at a mild level of boost, 6 to 10 isn't too radical.

Shiney

Reaction score
are the engine internals in a s/c v6 the same as a ecotec v6?

it would be jest cheeper to buy a to buy a s/c commodore then put a s/c on a ecotec one... right?

D

dooma

I think they are slightly different and I don't think it is as straight forward as dropping an M90 on top of an ecotec.