Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Bicycle Thread.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I remember years ago there was this chick in the town I grew up in. She seemed to get about everywhere. Dad said she was the town bike, but I think she just had a bike that people liked to use. Must have been a good bike.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I remember years ago there was this chick in the town I grew up in. She seemed to get about everywhere. Dad said she was the town bike, but I think she just had a bike that people liked to use. Must have been a good bike.
Nothing like the town bike. ;) :cool::):):)

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
My trusty Diamondback Interval Pro with 2 x 9 Shimano Tiagra gearing, and my Shogun Metro 7005 with 3 x 9 Shimano Deora gearing.
Both these bikes have done thousands of kilometres over a period of about 14 years and I’ve never had a problem with the gearing. I have just noticed a fraying of one of the gear cables on the Diamondback though.
Sorry to go off OP subject. I’ve just f@#ked up my right side gear change lever in an attempt to change the gear cable. I took the main body of it apart trying to get the cable out and it was like I opened the biggest can of worms ever! There is a thousand parts in there, I swear!
I told a guy at the local bike shop and he told me that I probably wouldn’t be able to get a new one and that I should try ‘buy swap and sell sites’ in the local area. Really!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can make them. I was looking to make a new cable for the VZ bonnet release and watched a few how to’s on bikes (they use the same cables)
Then I found a new cable.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Should be ways to fix the lever.
Either watch some video, find some pics and you'll sort it out.

As for MTBs, I've still got my Commencal but it's built for going down not up. A few mates have Scott's and Treks which aren't badly set up. Most will be more than capable of what the majority would be riding. The Mates that ride the Treks have them kitted out, but also easily hit some 30-60ft jumps.

Few weeks back saw the handmade bike show, some really nice looking bikes.

Currently watching the Tour and not long until the BMX World's start in Nantes France. Big few weeks of bikes.
Not to also forget the Downhill world cups which have been on aswell.