Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Great Air Fryer Thread

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
It’s ok. You missed the gag. I put @losh1971 on my ignore list and did screen shot of the thread without @losh1971 in it.
Sorry ............ that went straight over my peanut. :( Took a while to twig you were just stuffing about.
I was confused as to why you had put @losh on your ignore list .................... did I miss some sort of past atrocity ?

Today's 'what happened there' :eek:..................... some retail therapy for the missus this morning.
She wanted one of those benchtop air-fryers, because the oven is slow (?), and I knew nothing about them.
Seemed a waste of money to me, so I said so at the store. Just another gadget to find room for, that achieved very little.
Nek minnit ........... I'm forking out for a new wall oven and cooktop. o_O

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hahahahaha. Should have taken that air fryer, they do actually work very well for small stuff. We got one during covid and it's been very handy since.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Love my air frier.....

Cooks a piece of steak properly in 20 minutes.

Roast, when I'm time poor...2 hours for a 2 kilo one

Only coughed up $50 for a 9 kg one....

Win, win in my books :)

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
She wanted one of those benchtop air-fryers, because the oven is slow (?), and I knew nothing about them.
Seemed a waste of money to me, so I said so at the store. Just another gadget to find room for, that achieved very little.
I’m on the air fryer bandwagon as well. A lot quicker than an oven and uses less electricity than the oven too so saves you money!

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Just been talking to her indoors about buying an air fryer. What are the best makes and their prices?

Thanks Keith

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just been talking to her indoors about buying an air fryer. What are the best makes and their prices?

Thanks Keith
I just picked up this one from Big W a couple of weeks ago. The timer stopped working on my old one so it needed replacing. It’s a decent size for my needs and seems to work well.

I do prefer the simple dial timers, which is what my old one had but the new one was the best sized one to suit my requirements and the ones with the simple dials were too small.

My want for a dial timer was probably misplaced anyway as that’s what failed on my old one so probably this newfangled one will last longer than the old one did.

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/russell-hobbs-brooklyn-air-fryer-5-7l/p/263327

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
I reckon probably not?
We’ll see, electronics for the most part are fairly reliable. The last one lasted about 6 years so that’s the mark to beat.

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
We have this twin draw type, we don't do roasts as one of our roasts would never fit. Not sure what the boss paid for it unfortunately.
iu

It pays to do a little research, some of the cheapo ones don't get very hot.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
We have this twin draw type, we don't do roasts as one of our roasts would never fit. Not sure what the boss paid for it unfortunately.
iu

It pays to do a little research, some of the cheapo ones don't get very hot.
Twin drawer is a great idea. Didn’t even know they made those.