Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The King is dead. Long live the King! RIP Commodore :-(

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Will this move bump up VF V8 prices ? more so series 2
I don't see how, it's really just making people even less convinced there will be parts support, with Holden foldin'.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)

No. It's only a Commodore, not a Maserti Levante Trofeo... :p (BTW, Masertai is a struggling marque now).
V8s are the preserve of only a very, very small percentage of enthusiast drivers (Fords, Holdens). For others e.g. V8 Touraregs, Range Rovers et al, they are a necessity for heavy towing (large caravans, horse floats, vehicle trailers, etc.) rather than dim-minded donuts and smokos in the backblocks of the 'burbs.

You can bump up prices on any car by keeping klms low/reasonable, the engine serviced to-spec, overall condition pristine and generally showing you care about the whole car, not just what's under the hood. I got a fantastic trade-in on my old VZ, because kept it in as pristine condition as I could despite three trips "around the block", a sandblasted windscreen and a slightly tatty cargo bay.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Any impact in that regard occurred following the closure of the factory and the cessation of V8 Commodores in October 2017.

ZB not V8 so no relevance imo.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Motorsport Edition
If the Holden brand disappears, it could be that the monetary value of Holden V8's end up being like Chrysler's and Valiants today. Because the brand (if Holden brand disappears from retail) simply won't exist anymore, it'll be a long forgotten thing in 30 years time. Yes, special but perhaps not valued as much as other manufacturers still around, especially those with heritage programs that one can take their vehicle to for refurbishment/restoration.

zeropalooba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim L67 manual
If the Holden brand disappears, it could be that the monetary value of Holden V8's end up being like Chrysler's and Valiants today. Because the brand (if Holden brand disappears from retail) simply won't exist anymore, it'll be a long forgotten thing in 30 years time. Yes, special but perhaps not valued as much as other manufacturers still around, especially those with heritage programs that one can take their vehicle to for refurbishment/restoration.
Or Leyland P76 V8s, lol.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
How dare anyone compare my VF to a P 76, lol.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
"Limited edition Australian-made models are likely to peak the interest of car enthusiasts and collectors, he said."

He means pique. o_O

Wouldn't mind $300,000 stashed in the kitty for a playful retirement in 10 years' time...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If the Holden brand disappears, it could be that the monetary value of Holden V8's end up being like Chrysler's and Valiants today.
I don't think this will be the case. Vals were always the undesirable cheap alternative, back then, and the lack-of-interest then translates to a lack-of-interest now.
Similar to how an XR8 (remembering Ford is still around) is worth less than a Redline.