Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Would Adventra flares and skirts fit on a Commodore Ute?
anything fits it you are determined enough. :p

I haven't done it but assuming the flares would be okay, the skirts might require some small mods

example - we put VS Statesman side skirts on a VS ute, and just had to trim the lip where the back door would have been to make them sit flush.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I grew up with German Shepards then British Bulldogs.

I don't think I ever saw a Shepard go to the vet unless it was at the end.

BB's on the other hand........

I thought I was going to be safe with staffy x - because mutts are usually somewhat robust compared to speciality breeds IME
I thought wrong :rolleyes:
Staff'y's are pretty well known for problems with their legs, particularly their back legs, so you're not alone. We have a Foxy/Jack Russell cross with a couple of other breeds and he only goes to the vet once a year for his check-up, anal gland squeeze, nail clip and vacs. He hasn't cost me much at all. But he is getting old and won't be around much longer. At a guess he would be nearing 14.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
the biggest ones were years ago now. The last year its been managing the mental health and the meds that go with.

if we have to drop another $3-$4K on the dog we might check out vetpay. - Even if we said after the last expensive surgery that she would get shot instead if there was a next time (jest!)

I think we are somewhere around $10k in vet costs in 6yrs for this bloody mutt.
The other one only visits the vet for jabs.

Pretty sure there is a pet insurance available....Might be worth you checking into it

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I've had 3 staffies and the only problems I had with them was the dreaded C.....First 2 were 15 or so years old when I had to get them put to sleep....The 3rd is still alive....She's 6 at the moment...

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I don't know.
That is why I suggested going to a financial advisor who is employed by the relevant super fund ............ if that super fund has the services.

I do know that our super fund has a set fee for the yearly advice ( if you want that advice ) and that our financial advisor is paid a salary, not a commission.
I also know that financial advisors have to be licenced and qualified to be up to date with current rules to keep their job with a reputable company.

But that doesn't stop me opening an office with some bogus qualifications supported by home-made framed 'diplomas' with letters after my name, and operating a ponzi scheme until I get caught, or disappear to some Carribean island to meet up with a woman who is missing one of her feet.
Similar to buying a new car, buyer beware and do your research. If the person you are investing with is offering a return 2 >3 times the industry average, with a contact number at the Betoota pub, and drives a Lamborghini ............. we will see you on ACA, or similar, crying about how silly you were, and how the Gubbermint should do something to help you.
I'm with you, i think it's a very dodgy industry from end to end. Starting with govco, super funds, advisors, banks, buy now pay later... So many of them encourage you to spend money you don't have so they can make more money off you! And people are silly enough to fall for it. Then rates go up and people feel the pain and complain. Sadly govco is the worst of the lot. They love foreign investors in housing because it jacks the prices up so you and me have to borrow more. Because borrowing is good for the economy LOL, the banks economy that is.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm with you, i think it's a very dodgy industry from end to end. Starting with govco, super funds, advisors, banks, buy now pay later... So many of them encourage you to spend money you don't have so they can make more money off you! And people are silly enough to fall for it. Then rates go up and people feel the pain and complain. Sadly govco is the worst of the lot. They love foreign investors in housing because it jacks the prices up so you and me have to borrow more. Because borrowing is good for the economy LOL, the banks economy that is.

I actually read in the paper during the week, The Commonwealth Bank makes $1M per hour....

I believe there are countries that refuse foreigners to purchase land in their country....Not 100% if that is true or not..

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
The saying that when everybody hates you your dog still loves you, it is so true. Our first dog was a pig dog. The owner had to give them away rather than the planned selling them for $500 each as the mother abandoned them. She was half Blue heeler, quarter Mastiff and quarter Boxer. By far the smartest dog we have ever owned. She had to be put down at the age of ten because of a tumour of the brain. Apparently a Boxer trait. That was one of the saddest days of my life.

Next dog was half Staffy, we knew who mum was. He had to be put down at 16 1/2, he went blind and deaf. Of all the dogs we have owned he was by far the laziest. Perhaps that's why he lived so long.

When he was three we got a little Staffy girl to keep him company, She developed arthritis and had to be put down when she was 15 1/2. So different to the boy, she had so much energy.

Now we have an American Staffy, she is just over three, Like our last dog she is a bundle of energy, a great watchdog and so strong. We used to take her to the park until someone spat the dummy over her shaking their dog by the collar. He forgot his dog used to bite her ears. I'm a bit worried if some dog at the park starts to niggle her there might be a punch up so we don't go there any more.

All of our dogs have had one thing in common. They have all such had beautiful natures and been so loyal.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I actually read in the paper during the week, The Commonwealth Bank makes $1M per hour....

I believe there are countries that refuse foreigners to purchase land in their country....Not 100% if that is true or not..
NZ will not allow foreigners to buy land. OK if you are a resident. The Philippines is another but I think they might be stricter than NZ.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Got a link, I don't see anything?
I don’t do links and stuff because I’m technically challenged that way. But I do observe stuff that others may not. I guess it’s the way individuals are wired:)