Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things That Leave you Gobsmacked (In A Good Way)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I got wing dings and chips from the greasy spoon over the road from work.

They threw in a bonus wing ding. Probably saved me $2.

When I finished doing work at work I drove home via the bottle-o to get beer.

After I drove home from the bottle-o, I drank beer.

Mmmmmm....beer.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
iu

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I bought a can of VB and a Bush Chook. I could not drink all of either. ******* revolting beer. I was just checking in that they were as bad as I recalled.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Really? Or sarcasm?
Yes really. You're welcome to come any time. We have it every Thursday night. I never used to go but the wife has asked me to come along.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Woke up early Thursday and Friday ( still dark ) feeling a little cold so fitted flannelette sheets.
Woke up about 3.50 am on Saturday morning , feeling smug and toasty listening to the rain pouring down until I nodded off again !!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
our new Vet.

We couldn’t get into see our regular vet when we wanted to check on Mr Handsome’s red eyes and lack of appetite, thinking he was having an allergic reaction.

Our regular vet is setting himself for retirement and winding down hours so we were directed to use another vet at the same clinic, but we were wary about this as we had a poor vet previously, but we agreed as we felt timing was important.

Our intro to this Vet was to tell us Mr Handsome wasn’t having an allergic reaction, but likely had cancer and it was aggressive. Not the best news to start on.

She explained everything so well, and called us again that night with updates on the tests. She kept in regular contact and when our last booked visit had to be changed from a medication check in to euthanasia a couple hours before our appointment time she arranged a private room for us and they accommodated our other dog and our whole family.

The level of care and compassion was overwhelming and I can’t imagine the strength they have, having to do this regularly.

I am gobsmacked and so appreciative of the level of care, support and detailed explanation of steps that just made this difficult time softer on us.

We have a new Vet now and Princess Potato will switch care to her now as well. My daughter is switching her kitten over too.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
our new Vet.

We couldn’t get into see our regular vet when we wanted to check on Mr Handsome’s red eyes and lack of appetite, thinking he was having an allergic reaction.

Our regular vet is setting himself for retirement and winding down hours so we were directed to use another vet at the same clinic, but we were wary about this as we had a poor vet previously, but we agreed as we felt timing was important.

Our intro to this Vet was to tell us Mr Handsome wasn’t having an allergic reaction, but likely had cancer and it was aggressive. Not the best news to start on.

She explained everything so well, and called us again that night with updates on the tests. She kept in regular contact and when our last booked visit had to be changed from a medication check in to euthanasia a couple hours before our appointment time she arranged a private room for us and they accommodated our other dog and our whole family.

The level of care and compassion was overwhelming and I can’t imagine the strength they have, having to do this regularly.

I am gobsmacked and so appreciative of the level of care, support and detailed explanation of steps that just made this difficult time softer on us.

We have a new Vet now and Princess Potato will switch care to her now as well. My daughter is switching her kitten over too.

A very unusual thing for a vet to go above and beyond like that.....Shows they actually care about their job and not the payslip at the end of the week...

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
A very unusual thing for a vet to go above and beyond like that.....Shows they actually care about their job and not the payslip at the end of the week...
I am so grateful to land on her by chance. We have never had to do this before and just so overwhelmed with grief but this care just amazing.