Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[308] to stroke or turbo the is the question

sam5l

australias driving future
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5L / vn spak buick powered
well as the title says i have a few parts to stroke my 5l to 355 but i still need around another 5k to dod it properly so i was thinking of just doing a fresh 5l rebuild with a snail or two on the sides and call that dinner whats ppl's opinions like i know with the 355 ill make roughly 250rwkw but ive seen standard turbo 5l making 320 so could someone shed some light on this for me also am i better off going supercharged ????? :)

FUN304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
355 and a snail maybe? Personally I believe that bang for your buck FI is the go and then later on you can stroke to suit if you want, or just add more boost.

sam5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
is it a 5l or a 308? if you can find a 308 turbo setup for 5k, can you please link me?

yeh 308 ive got most of the **** for a efi conversion but i was thinking forced induction becuase you make good power easy if i find a link ill put it on

sam5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
355 and a snail maybe? Personally I believe that bang for your buck FI is the go and then later on you can stroke to suit if you want, or just add more boost.

i was thinking just 308 efi turbo no stroking but how strong are the holden bottome ends i mean if i turbo it and run say 10=11lbs will the guts just drop out?

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
with a rebuilt bottom end, new hyperutectic pistons etc, and running a nice safe tune it should be right to run 10psi boost. might be an idea to chuck in some hi tensile rod/main/head bolts while its apart too

sam5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok so standard re linished crank? standard rods? i dunno