Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Today Tonight, at it again.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Whilst i wasn't expecting anything too researched from them, it was quite scary how stupid they actually are.

They suggested a safer wall. Fair enough. Yet every single bit of footage they showed, was of an angle nothing like what Coopers car hit the wall.

This safer wall in that position wouldnt have had an any different outcome in Coopers crash. If his car hit more front on, yes, but then, theres never been a problem for any other driver in that situation.

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
First death id 20 sum years....

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
There talking about the V8 supercar driver the was killed in the race last weekend.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Typical scare mongering... Porter died at Bathurst last year. Deaths in motorsport are far LESS likely than on the public roads.

How about they address the lack of skill of most drivers on the road?

I'm glad I don't watch those stupid "current affairs" shows!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
what on earth are you guys talking about? any extra info we can read about this? lol

Ashley Coopers Accident in the Fujitsu V8s at Clipsal.

If anything, a redesign would have prevented his death, such as using the original F1 circuit, as Rundle Road is about 500 metres long(which would be the straight leading up to a bend of the same shape as the current turn 8), whereas bartels road looks to be about 800 metres or so. I'd assume that would lower the speed enough for that bend.

Don't even get me started about how they said those menacing concrete walls also injured the utes driver, his car rested up against the wall. It was the impact with a car moving barely at all, then being T boned on the other side that cause his injuries.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
without trying to cause an argument here ...

1) one thing me and my mate noticed is that whenever a car hit that wall it didnt budge, yet in previous years whenever a car slammed into it at that sort of speed the wall would shift back 2 or 3 meters which required a forklift to shift it back into place

Perhaps the wall was different this year, which didnt help?

2) its a known fact that motorsport is dangerous, car + high speed = danger. Heck, its even printed on the back of your ticket and your just spectating.

3) as mentioned, the public road is far more dangerous, all it takes it your temple to hit a B pillar at the right angle and pressure and good night.

Perhaps rather then worrying about whats wrong with this picture, the media should be using this as an example to d!ckhead drivers. Heck, if a driver whose wearing a 5 point safety belt, 3 layer fire suit, helmet, HANS device in a specially moulded racing suit in a car thats surrounded by a rollcage can be killed in an instant, what chance do you and your mates have in an old VN exec on a back road?

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
why did you have to single out vn's lol

Evolution_Ends_Here

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Miitsubishi Magna TJ
Typical scare mongering... Porter died at Bathurst last year. Deaths in motorsport are far LESS likely than on the public roads.

How about they address the lack of skill of most drivers on the road?

I'm glad I don't watch those stupid "current affairs" shows!
+1 i hate them full of C&&& hald the time

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
without trying to cause an argument here ...

1) one thing me and my mate noticed is that whenever a car hit that wall it didnt budge, yet in previous years whenever a car slammed into it at that sort of speed the wall would shift back 2 or 3 meters which required a forklift to shift it back into place

Perhaps the wall was different this year, which didnt help?

2) its a known fact that motorsport is dangerous, car + high speed = danger. Heck, its even printed on the back of your ticket and your just spectating.

3) as mentioned, the public road is far more dangerous, all it takes it your temple to hit a B pillar at the right angle and pressure and good night.

Perhaps rather then worrying about whats wrong with this picture, the media should be using this as an example to d!ckhead drivers. Heck, if a driver whose wearing a 5 point safety belt, 3 layer fire suit, helmet, HANS device in a specially moulded racing suit in a car thats surrounded by a rollcage can be killed in an instant, what chance do you and your mates have in an old VN exec on a back road?

Not that all the facts are out yet, but i'm pretty sure his race seat breaking was part of the reason for his death.